Brazzaville International Airport
|Airport type||Public / Military|
|Location||Brazzaville, Republic of the Congo|
|Elevation AMSL||1,048 ft / 319 m|
In 2010, a new 3,300-metre (10,800 ft) long runway and a new terminal with three air bridges were opened. The older runway was repaired and now is used as a taxiway. A second phase of the new terminal was completed in 2013, the construction of which, valued at $160 million, was undertaken by Chinese construction firm Weihai International Economic & Technical Cooperative Co., Ltd..
Airlines and destinations
|Air France Cargo||Bangui|
|Etihad Cargo||Abu Dhabi, Lagos|
|Ethiopian Airlines Cargo||Addis Ababa|
Accidents and incidents
- On 19 September 1989 UTA Flight 772, a McDonnell Douglas DC-10-30 (registration N54629) operating the Brazzaville-N'Djamena-Paris CDG sector, was bombed 46 minutes after take-off from N'Djamena causing the aircraft to crash while flying over Niger. All 156 passengers and 14 crew members on board perished. For nearly 20 years, this incident marked the deadliest air disaster involving a French-operated airliner, in terms of loss of life. As of June 2009, it ranks as the second-deadliest (see Air France Flight 447).
- 23 November 1996: Hijackers forced Ethiopian Airlines Flight 961, bound from Mumbai and Addis Ababa to Abidjan through many stops (including Brazzaville), to crash into the Indian Ocean.
- On 26 August 2009, an Antonov An-12 of Aero-Fret (registered TN-AIA) crashed on approach. The flight had originated from Pointe Noire Airport. The five Ukrainian crew and one Congolese passenger were killed.
- On 30 November 2012, an Aéro-Service (initially mistakenly attributed to Trans Air Congo) Ilyushin Il-76T on a cargo flight from Pointe Noire to Brazzaville crashed during landing short of runway 5L at Maya–Maya Airport in Brazzaville in bad weather, in a residential area. All six crew members, five of them from Armenia, one police officer on board the aircraft, and 26 people on the ground were killed, and 14 people on the ground were injured.
- "BRAZZAVILLE / Maya - Maya AERODROME CHART - ICAO" (PDF). Brazzaville, Republic of Congo: SERVICE DE L’INFORMATION AÉRONAUTIQUE - ASECNA. March 31, 2016. Retrieved November 27, 2017.
- "Second module at Brazzaville Maya–Maya International set to become operational". Africa Aviation Tribune. 27 August 2013.
- June 2016 Timetable, http://www.flyasky.com/asky/horaires/bzv
- "Cameroon Airlines Corporation Programme d'été du 30/03/14 au 25/10/14" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 23 September 2015. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- "TAAG: Route Map". Archived from the original on 21 January 2016. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- "Trans air Congo Flights". neonflights.com. June 2014. Archived from the original on 5 June 2014.
- "Avient Aviation Schedule from LGG" (PDF). Retrieved 31 May 2017.[permanent dead link]
- Airlines, Ethiopian AirlinesEthiopian. "Resource not found - Fly Ethiopian". www.ethiopianairlines.com. Archived from the original on 11 April 2014. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- Ranter, Harro. "Photo of McDonnell Douglas DC-10-30 N54629 - Aviation Safety Network". aviation-safety.net. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- "BBC NEWS - UK - UTA 772: The forgotten flight". news.bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- Ranter, Harro. "ASN Aircraft accident McDonnell Douglas DC-10-30 N54629 Ténéré desert". aviation-safety.net. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- "Crash: Aero-Fret AN12 at Nganga Lingolo on Aug 26th 2009, impacted ground in a cemetery". Aviation Herald. Retrieved 26 August 2009.
- "Cargo plane crashes into houses in Congo-Brazzaville, killing 32". BNO News. 1 December 2012. Archived from the original on 2013-12-03. Retrieved 2 December 2012.
- Simon Hradecky (2 December 2012). "Crash: Aero Services IL76 at Brazzaville on Nov 30th 2012, impacted buildings short of runway". Aviation Herald. Retrieved 3 December 2012.
- Maya-Maya Airport website
- Accident history for Maya-Maya Airport at Aviation Safety Network
- Airport information for Maya-Maya Airport at Great Circle Mapper.
- Current weather for Brazzaville at NOAA/NWS
- Airport information for Maya-Maya Airport at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- OpenStreetMap - Brazzaville