Maya the Bee (TV series)
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Maya the Bee|
|Based on||Maya the Bee
by Waldemar Bonsels
|Opening theme||"Here Comes Maya the Bee"|
|Country of origin||Germany
|No. of episodes||(list of episodes)|
|Running time||11 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Studio 100 Animation|
|Original network||See below|
|Picture format||16:9 HDTV|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1|
|Original release||2012 – present|
Maya the Bee is an French-German-Australian computer-animated comedy television series produced by Studio 100 Animation. It is based on the character Maya the Bee introduced in 1912. This is the second animated adaptation focused on the character, after the anime Mitsubachi Māya no Bōken that aired in the 1970s.
- Andrea Libman as Maya, a young bee girl who loves freedom and lives in the meadow, the main protagonist
- Rebecca Shoichet as Willy, Maya's best friend, the major protagonist
- Philip Hayes as Flip, a grasshopper, Maya and Willy's good friend
- Kira Tozer as Miss Cassandra, teacher at the Bee-School and Maya's mother figure.
- Uncredited as The Nurse, simply known as Miss Bosby, Nurse at the Beehive
- Ellen Kennedy as The Queen. She gave Maya permission to live in the meadow, Maya's adoptive mother
- Uncredited as Judge Beeswax, a bossy drone who likes to make rules, Maya and Willy's mentor
- Uncredited as Princess Natalie, a Princess Bee who comes to visit the Beehive.
- Uncredited as Zaa, the children at the Bee-School, the minor character.
- Rebecca Shoichet as Zoot, the children at the Bee-School, the minor character, Zaa's best friend.
- Uncredited as Aiedo, the children at the Bee-School, the minor character.
- Uncredited as Melody, the children at the Bee-School, the minor character, in one episode of Willy Moves Out as the recurring character. Aiedo's good friend.
- Uncredited as Zig, the children at the Bee-School, the minor character, in one episode of The Runaway Bee as the recurring character.
- Brian Drummond as Kurt, a Dung beetle
- Tabitha St. Germain as Ben, a young Dung beetle, Kurt's nephew, Maya and Willy's friend
- Uncredited as Paul, an Ant colonel, the leader of Ants, Maya's mentor
- Kira Tozer as Barry, a Fly
- Kira Tozer as Max, a Earthworm, Who dislikes of predators (especially Birds).
- Diana Kaarina as Lara, a Ladybug who thinks very highly of herself. She is Maya's close friend but sometimes gets jealous of her.
- Diana Kaarina as Beatrice, a Butterfly who is an excellent dancer.
- Samuel Vincent as Shelby, a Snail. Always complaining. He dreams of flying and dislikes predators.
- Ellen Kennedy as Thekla, a Spider, Always trying to catch insects in her web. Maya's arch-nenemies and sometimes anti-hero, the main antagonist
- Samuel Vincent as Stinger, a Wasp, Maya's arch-enemies and the leader of the wasps, the second main antagonist
- Brian Drummond as Deez, a Wasp. One of Stinger's lackeys.
- Uncredited as Doz, a Wasp, also Stinger's lackey and Deez's partner.
- Frank Welker as Croak, a Green frog, the insects' predator, Maya's enemy
There are at least eleven:
- Episode 1: Spy/Crush debuted 2 March 2016
- Episode 2: Weather/Shadow debuted 2 March 2016
- Episode 3: Bottle/Rolling debuted 9 September 2015
- Episode 4: Besswax/Crack! debuted 9 September 2015
- Episode 5: Powder/Rescue debuted 9 September 2015
- episodes 6-9 titles needed
- Episode 10: Moves Out/Wild debuted 3 November 2015
- Episode 11: Bee Clean/Flying debuted 3 November 2015
- Board Game
Broadcasts around the world
- Germany: ZDF (first four episodes), KiKA
- Australia: ABC Kids
- Austria: ORF1
- France: TF1
- Belgium: VtmKzoom
- UK: Tiny Pop
- Poland: TVP1, TVP, ABC, Minimini+ (DVD releases)
- Portugal: Nickelodeon, Canal Panda, RTP2 (except the episode "Zig Zag")
- Brazil: Disney Junior
- Norway: NRK Super
- United States: Sprout (2015-2017), Universal Kids (2017–present)
- "Spy/Crush". Archived from the original on 15 March 2016.
Maya makes friend with a Hoverfly. Season 1, Episode 1 03/02/2016
- "Weather/Shadow". Archived from the original on 15 March 2016.
Lara pretends to be able to change the weather. Season 1, Episode 2 03/02/2016
- "Bottle/Rolling". Archived from the original on 15 March 2016.
Maya and Willy discover an abandoned soda bottle. Season 1, Episode 3 09/09/2015
- "Beeswax/Crack!". Archived from the original on 15 March 2016.
Judge Beeswax inspects the hive and, discovers that Maya lives outside. Season 1, Episode 4 09/09/2015
- "Powder/Rescue". Archived from the original on 15 March 2016.
Maya has accidentally wet Beatrice's wings. Season 1, Episode 5 09/09/2015
- "Moves Out/Wild". Archived from the original on 15 March 2016.
Beeswax decides that the hive is too small for that many bees. Season 1, Episode 10 11/03/2015
- "Bee Clean/Flying". Archived from the original on 15 March 2016.
Maya and Willy have caught varroas, some sort of bee lice. Season 1, Episode 11 11/03/2015
- Getzler, Wendy (May 1, 2017). "A new age: Sprout to become Universal Kids". Kidscreen. Retrieved May 1, 2017.