|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Mayapada Group is an Indonesian-based conglomerate founded by Dato Sri Tahir in 1986. Tahir started this with a garment and textile manufacturing business, and four years later, he founded Bank Mayapada . The garment business no longer exists. The bank went public at the Jakarta Stock Exchange and survived the 1997 economic crisis and managed to expand further after the crisis. With foreign investment partners from the US, UAE and Singapore, the bank now has over 100 branches throughout Indonesia, and in 2007 has been voted as the second best public bank outside state-owned banks by InfoBank magazine, a banking magazine in Indonesia. Mayapada also concerns;
- The retail industry through partnership with Duty Free Shoppers owned by LVMH, with shops in Jakarta and Bali.
- The property industry with four office towers in the Jakarta CBD area, Mayapada Tower, Menara Topas, Permata Tower 1 and Sona Topas Tower. In Bali, Mayapada developed Mal Bali Galleria, the largest mall in the island, and all-suites Regent Bali Hotel and Residence in Sanur district.
- The healthcare industry, running a hospital and building another one called Mayapada Hospital.
Tahir is a Christian and lives in Jakarta with his family. He has also been appointed to the board of trustees at the University of California, Berkeley, becoming the first man from Southeast Asia to hold this position. In summer 2008, Tahir was awarded an honorary doctorate degree from a university in Surabaya, Indonesia.
On April 2011, Tahir donated $1 million to the University of California, Berkeley, for international student fellowships for students in the full-time MBA program at Berkeley-Haas. He was a member of the university's board of trustees.
- PT Bank Mayapada Internasional Tbk. (Bank Mayapada)
- PT Asuransi Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Indonesia
- PT Zurich Topas Life (Zurich Indonesia)
- PT Sejahteraraya Anugrahjaya Tbk. (Mayapada Hospital)
- PT Prima Healthcare Solutions (Your Clinic)
- Mayapada Tower
- PT Sona Topas Tourism Industry (DFS)
- Regent Bali
- Mall Bali Galleria
- PT Karya Kreatif Bersama (Topas TV)
- Info TV
- Topas FM
- "Bank Mayapada". Retrieved 15 August 2013.