Maydolong, Eastern Samar
Map of Eastern Samar showing the location of Maydolong
|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|District||Lone district of E. Samar|
|Established||May 1, 1951|
|• Mayor||Godofredo T. Garado|
|• Vice Mayor||Louie A. Borja|
|• Total||399.63 km2 (154.30 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||37/km2 (96/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)55|
There are two stories about the naming of Maydolong. Officially accepted by the Sangguniang Bayan is the story of a fisherman who used to travel to the village of Matnog. Because they needed to rest from their travel along the east coast of Samar, these fisherman used to say "Matnog it Dolong" which means "the bow must point to Matnog" in the local dialect. This saying got shortened to Maydolong, which eventually became the name of the village.
Maydolong was created from the barrios of Maydolong, Balogo, Maybocog, Omawas, Tagaslian, Kampakirit, Suribao, Mayburak, Kanmanungdong, Malobago, Tabi, Maytigbao, and Kanluterio, May 1, 1951. These barrios used to belong to the provincial capital Borongan, Eastern Samar.
- Campakerit (Botay)
- Del Pilar
- Barangay Poblacion 1
- Barangay Poblacion 2
- Barangay Poblacion 3
- Barangay Poblacion 4
- Barangay Poblacion 5
- Barangay Poblacion 6
- Barangay Poblacion 7
- San Gabriel
|Population census of Maydolong|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
The population of Maydolong in the 2015 census was 14,743 people, with a density of 37 inhabitants per square kilometre or 96 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Archived from the original on 25 January 2013. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "Province: Eastern Samar". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "The History of Maydolong". Municipality of Maydolong. Retrieved 2011-04-13.
- "An act creating the municipality of Maydolong, province of Samar". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-09.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Eastern Samar". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.