The Mayfield Four
The Mayfield Four
|Associated acts||Alter Bridge, Citizen Swing, Cosmic Dust|
|Past members||Myles Kennedy|
The Mayfield Four was an American rock band formed by Myles Kennedy in Spokane, Washington in 1996. The band released an EP, Motion: Live: 9.17.97 (1997), and two albums, Fallout (1998) and Second Skin (2001), before disbanding in 2002.
The Mayfield Four was formed in 1996 in Spokane, Washington, by four childhood friends who shared a love for music and performing. They were Myles Kennedy (lead vocals, lead guitar), Craig Johnson (rhythm guitar) (both formerly of Citizen Swing), Marty Meisner (bass guitar), and Zia Uddin (drums). In the fall of 1996, the band signed a contract with Epic Records thanks to a critically acclaimed demo called Thirty Two Point Five Hours that the band recorded earlier that year, followed by a live extended play called Motion in November 1997. The Mayfield Four's debut album, Fallout, was released in May 1998. It was supported with a fifteen-month tour with bands such as Creed, Big Wreck, and Stabbing Westward. The album was praised by critics, but it failed to chart, and ultimately became the only album by the band to feature rhythm guitarist Craig Johnson, who was fired from the band due to undisclosed reasons. Following the release of the album, the band's second and final album, Second Skin, was released in June 2001. The album has been critically acclaimed and Kennedy has commented on how it and Fallout are much more popular now than when they were released.
Though popular, The Mayfield Four never garnered enough exposure to break into the mainstream. In 2002, the future of the band began to look unlikely. The band went on hiatus that year, and would ultimately disband. However, three previously unreleased songs appeared on a fan-run Myspace page dedicated to and approved by The Mayfield Four in early 2010, causing rumors of a possible reunion to begin circulating. However, when asked about this during an interview, Kennedy replied that he does not see it happening for the time being. In 2013, bassist Marty Meisner upload five unreleased songs of the band on his SoundCloud account.
The members of the band have since been collaborating with other artists and have been members of other bands. Most prominent is Kennedy's participation with Creed members in the band Alter Bridge, for whom he provides guitar and lead vocals. He has also toured and collaborated with Slash. Touring member Alessandro Cortini toured with Nine Inch Nails on keyboards from 2005 onward and collaborated on its latest efforts Ghosts I-IV and The Slip. Zia Uddin performs drums on Myles Kennedy's 2018 solo album "Year of the Tiger"
- Studio albums
- Extended plays
- Motion (1997)
- Thirty Two Point Five Hours (1996)
- 1998 Always
- 1998 Don't Walk Away
- 2001 Eden (Turn the Page) 37 US Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks
- 2001 Sick and Wrong
- "The Mayfield Four". Last.fm. Retrieved 2010. Check date values in:
- "Official Biography from the Second Skin Release". The Mayfield Four Net. Archived from the original on 2013-01-12. Retrieved 2010. Check date values in:
- "Myles Kennedy Interview 5-07-10 Part 2". Myles-Kennedy.com. May 7, 2010. Archived from the original on May 23, 2010. Retrieved 2010. Check date values in:
- Josh Bell (October 28, 2004). "Myles Kennedy gets the opportunity of a lifetime with Alter Bridge". Las Vegas Weekly. Archived from the original on July 14, 2012. Retrieved 2010. Check date values in:
- "Martyn Meisner's stream on SoundCloud". SoundCloud. June 8, 2013. Retrieved 2013. Check date values in:
- "SLASH Taps ALTER BRIDGE Singer For Solo Album". Blabbermouth.net. November 6, 2009. Archived from the original on November 9, 2009. Retrieved 2010. Check date values in:
- Joe Bosso (February 7, 2010). "Slash picks Alter Bridge's Myles Kennedy for solo tour". MusicRadar. Retrieved 2010. Check date values in:
- "SLASH's Next Album To Feature MYLES KENNEDY Handling All Vocals". Blabbermouth.net. November 21, 2010. Retrieved 2010. Check date values in: