Thomas J. Davis, Jr.|
William F. Miller
|Headquarters||Menlo Park, California, U.S.|
|Total assets||Over $3 billion|
Number of employees
Footnotes / references|
The firm was founded in 1969 by Thomas J. Davis, Jr. Since being founded, the firm has raised over 3.9 billion USD of investor commitments across 17 private equity fund families. Since 1969, the Firm has invested in over 520 companies, resulting in over 114 IPOs and more than 160 mergers and acquisitions. The firm is headquartered on Sand Hill Road in Menlo Park, California.
The firm's most notable investments include Compaq, Silicon Graphics, 3COM, Amgen, Genentech, Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Sandisk, Legato Software, Citrix, PlayFirst, Advent Software, Vantive, Pure Software, Nuance, Tibco, webMethods, Peribit, Redback Networks, Concur Technologies, 3Par, Marketo, Solarcity, Qunar, StorSimple, and Zenprise.
- "Mayfield Fund - Company Overview - Hoover's". Hoover's. Retrieved 2008-07-28.
- "Mayfield Fund on LinkedIn". Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- "Thomas J. Davis, 77, Investment Executive". The New York Times. 1990-09-13. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-12-13.
- "Institute of Management, Innovation and Organization". U.C. Berkeley Haas School of Business. Retrieved 2008-07-28.
- "STVP : Teaching : Mayfield Fellows Program (MFP)". Stanford Technology Ventures Program. Retrieved 2008-07-28.
- "Mayfield Fellows Program - University Innovation". universityinnovation.org. Retrieved 2017-12-13.
|This article about a private equity or venture capital firm based in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|