Mayfield High School (Mayfield, Ohio)
|Mayfield High School|
|6116 Wilson Mills Road
Mayfield, Ohio, (Cuyahoga County) 44143
|School type||Public high school|
|School district||Mayfield City School District|
|Number of students||about 1700|
|Hours in school day||7:35 am - 3:00 pm (note school starts at 8:40 am on wednesdays)|
|Campus size||52 acres|
|Color(s)||Green and White |
|Athletics conference||Western Reserve Conference|
|Average SAT scores||1450|
|Newspaper||The Paw Print|
|Communities served||Mayfield Heights, Mayfield Village, Highland Heights, Gates Mills|
|Athletic Director||Keith Leffler|
Mayfield High School is a public high school located in Mayfield Village, Ohio, an eastern suburb of Cleveland. It is part of the Mayfield City School District. The school educates about 1,700 students on its 52-acre campus.
The building for grades 8 and 9 opened in 1963, while one for grades 10, 11, and opened in 1970. In 1972, the Excel TECC building was opened. The pool and field house were added in 1989 and the science wing was added in 1999. A multimillion-dollar renovation project began in 2011.
In addition to traditional course offerings, Mayfield High School offers classes in the Excel TECC (Technical Education Career Consortium) program. Mayfield also has a variety of Advanced Placement, honors, and special education classes.
As of the 2015-2016 school year, Mayfield High School is a member of the Western Reserve Conference. Previously, it was part of the Northeast Ohio Conference, which was dissolved following the 2014-2015 school year. The school offers nearly a dozen sports each for boys and girls.
- Jodi Kest, women's college basketball coach
- Amit Majmudar, Ohio's first poet laureate
- Carey Spear, NFL placekicker
- Mike Trivisonno, radio broadcaster
- Brandon Leffler, Brodway performer
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Retrieved February 17, 2010.
- "Excel TECC". Mayfield City Schools. Retrieved September 15, 2015.
- Dorn, Sara (July 7, 2015). "Brush High School no longer housing Excel TECC cosmetology, auto mechanics programs". The Plain Dealer. Retrieved September 15, 2015.
- Leonard, Michael (June 28, 2015). "Northeast Ohio Conference Fades Into History with a Whimper". Tallmadge Express. Retrieved September 15, 2015.
- Glasier, David. "Mid-American Conference tournament notes: Mayfield grad Jodi Kest turns around Akron women's program". The News-Herald. Retrieved October 24, 2015.
- Podolski, Mark (December 30, 2014). "Cleveland Browns sign Mayfield graduate Carey Spear". The News-Herald. Retrieved October 24, 2015.