Mayfield Township, DeKalb County, Illinois
Location in DeKalb County
DeKalb County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 20, 1850|
|• Total||35.16 sq mi (91.1 km2)|
|• Land||34.94 sq mi (90.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.22 sq mi (0.6 km2) 0.63%|
|Elevation||883 ft (269 m)|
|• Density||26.6/sq mi (10.3/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60111, 60115, 60145, 60146, 60178|
|GNIS feature ID||0429345|
Mayfield Township is one of nineteen townships in DeKalb County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 929 and it contained 414 housing units. Mayfield Township was renamed from Liberty Township on November 20, 1850.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.16 square miles (91.1 km2), of which 34.94 square miles (90.5 km2) (or 99.37%) is land and 0.22 square miles (0.57 km2) (or 0.63%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Ault Road and Mayfield.
Airports and landing strips
- Anderson Airport
- Marx V Stott Airport
- Genoa-Kingston Community Unit School District 424
- Hiawatha Community Unit School District 426
- Sycamore Community Unit School District 427
- Illinois's 16th congressional district
- State House District 70
- State Senate District 35
- "Mayfield Township, DeKalb County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Franklin Township||Kingston Township|
|South Grove Township||Sycamore Township|
|Malta Township||DeKalb Township||Cortland Township|