Mayger is an unincorporated community in Columbia County, Oregon, United States. Fishing is important to Mayger. It was originally the site of Frenchman Charles Mayger's Mayger Logging Company, which he sold in 1886 to William F. Slaughter. Mayger's post office was established three years later and its first postmaster was Charles Mayger. It closed in 1961. Mayger is served by the Clatskanie, Oregon post office.
- ^ "Mayger". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- ^ "Mayger, Oregon". Travel Oregon. Retrieved October 31, 2010.
- ^ Gaston, Joseph (1911). Portland, Oregon, its history and builders. Portland: S.J. Clarke Pub. Co. p. 57. ISBN 1-150-58471-8.
- ^ a b McArthur, Lewis A.; McArthur, Lewis L (2003) . Oregon geographic names. Portland, Oregon: Oregon Historical Society Press. p. 619. ISBN 0-87595-277-1.
- ^ Topinka, Lyn. "Lewis and Clark's Columbia River - Mayger, Oregon". Columbia River Images. Retrieved October 31, 2010.