2 October 1965
|Occupation||Actor, Comedian, TV host|
Mayilsamy (born October 2, 1965) is an Indian actor and comedian who prominently plays supporting roles. Appearing in many Tamil films, he is also a regular guest judge on Asathapovathu Yaaru on Sun TV in Chennai.
He is a popular and veteran television down the South Indian entertainment industry known for his impeccable comic timing and who is mostly seen playing strong supporting character roles in popular Tamil daily soaps and Tamil movies. Mayilsamy is also an acclaimed stage performer, stand in comedian, TV host and a theatre artiste, In short, he is a multifaceted and multitalented personality of the Tamil television industry. Mayilsamy was involved in various stage performances and in theatres from his early childhood days and performed and travelled across Tamil Nadu with a local famous comedy troupe. Mayilsamy has also had a series of standup comedy releases among which "Sirippoo Sirrippu" deserves a special mention. Mayilsamy made his debut on Tamil television as the host and judge of the popular comedy show Asathapovathu Yaaru which aired on Sun TV. Mayilsamy in the show mainly appeared as a host and occasionally as a guest judge.
In October 2009, Mayilsamy announced that his son Arumainayagam was ready to act in films, and gave him the stage name of Anbu. Anbu was set to make his debut in 2011 with Rasu Madhuravan's Parthom Pazhaginom opposite Joshna Fernando, but the film was shelved soon after the launch. Anbu later began working on a film titled Andha 60 Naatkal by Rajasekhar in late 2015, a fantasy comedy co-starring Chandrika, but the film eventually did not release. Likewise, another cancelled venture in 2015 was Johnson's Kokku, in which Anbu was supposed to star alongside Papri Ghosh. In 2017, he attempted to make acting debuts through Vedhamani's Thiripuram alongside Brindha and Niharika, and Oru Bommalattam Nadakuthu co-starring Surabhi Tiwari and Gosha, but both films did not progress. In 2018, Anbu tried again and began work on Alti directed by M. F. Hussain, appearing alongside Manisha Jith, and on Chidambaram Railway Gate opposite Neeraja.
|1996-2001||Marmadesam (Ragasiyam)||Santhanakrishnan||Sun TV (India)|
- "All you want to know about #Mayilsami".
- "Kollywood Comedian Mayilsamy Biography, News, Photos, Videos".
- "Mayilsamy's son Nandu ready for his show". 29 October 2009.
- "Mayilsamy's son to debut in K'wood - Tamil News". IndiaGlitz.com. 11 June 2011.
- "Mayilsamy's son Anbu debuts in Kollywood". Deccan Chronicle. 24 February 2016.
- "Google Translate". translate.google.com. 15 February 2015.
- "Mayilsamy's son Anbu to debut in Kollywood". The New Indian Express.
- "I Want To Get Out Of My Stereotype Image: Sanjay Saravanan". Desimartini. 6 April 2017.
- Subramanian, Anupama (24 October 2018). "Massive set for Chidambaram Railway Gate". Deccan Chronicle.
- "Mayilsamy's son Anbu Mayilsamy to debut with 'Alti' - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "'Sigai' movie review: A whodunit that over-emphasises its message". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 16 April 2021.
- Nenjuku Needhi | Official Trailer | Udhayanidhi Stalin | Arunraja Kamaraj | In Cinemas 20th May 2022, retrieved 10 May 2022