This article needs to be updated.(October 2013)
|Language||English headquarters = Westport, County Mayo|
History and profile
The Mayo News was established in Westport in 1892. After writing several editorials on the Corrib gas controversy during her tenure, editor Denise Horan took up a position as Shell Ireland's senior communications advisor at the end of April 2009.
In 2016 the Mayo News won awards for the Best Designed Newspaper and the Sports Story of the Year and was shortlisted in the categories of News Story of The Year, Best use of Photography and Best Feature Story of the Year at the Local Ireland Media Awards.
- "Mayo newspaper wins European award". RTE News. 19 November 2014. Retrieved 2 December 2014.
- Lorna Siggins (13 March 2009). "Shell appoint media adviser". The Irish Times.
- "Home - ABC - Audit Bureau of Circulations". www.abc-ireland.ie.
- News, The Mayo. "Mayo News wins big at Local Ireland Media Awards". The Mayo News. Retrieved 2016-11-19.
- Mayo News — website of the newspaper
|This Ireland newspaper-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|