Mayor of Carterton
The Mayor of Carterton officiated over the Carterton Borough of New Zealand, which was administered by the Carterton Borough Council. The office existed from 1887 until 1989, when Carterton Borough and Wairarapa South County were amalgamated to form Carterton District. The current mayor is John Booth who replaced Ron Mark after being elected as New Zealand First MP. Georgina Beyer, New Zealand's first transgender mayor, held the office from 1995 to 1999.
List of Mayors of Carterton
|5||George Augustus Fairbrother||1904–1905|
|7||William 'Willie' Moore||1907–1909|
|9||J. A. Dudson||1910–1911|
|11||M. D. Hornsby||1914–1915|
|12||J. T. M. Hornsby||1916–1917|
|14||William Howard Booth||1921–1927|
|16||D. L. Taverner||1936–1947|
|18||W. P. Chisholm||1972–1984|
- "Carmen and Georgina Beyer – Gender diversity – Te Ara Encyclopedia of New Zealand". Teara.govt.nz. 16 November 2012. Retrieved 10 April 2015.
- "Seven in a row for Mayor Bob - Local Vote 2004 - NZ Herald News". Nzherald.co.nz. Retrieved 10 April 2015.
- "Local Body Elections: Winners and Losers". TVNZ. Archived from the original on 13 October 2010. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- "Former NZ First MP new Carterton mayor | Radio New Zealand News". Radionz.co.nz. 9 October 2010. Retrieved 10 April 2015.
- Piers Fuller (29 October 2014). "Carterton welcomes new mayor - national". Stuff.co.nz. Retrieved 10 April 2015.