List of mayors of Norwalk, Connecticut
The Mayor of Norwalk, Connecticut is the chief executive of the government of Norwalk, Connecticut, as stipulated by the Charter of the City of Norwalk. The current mayor of Norwalk, is Harry Rilling, a Democrat.
Mayors prior to 1913
Elections were held on the first Monday in October annually up to 1913.
Mayors of the city of Norwalk from 1913 to the present
The city was consolidated on June 6, 1913. Elections for mayor are held every two years, in odd numbered years. The former city of South Norwalk became the new Norwalk’s Second Taxing District.
|Francis Irwin Burnell||1913||1915||Republican|
|Carl Axel Harstrom||1915||1917||Republican|
|Anson F. Keeler||1927||1931||Republican|
|Harold L. Nash||1931||1933||Republican|
|Charles C. Swartz||1933||1935||Democratic|
|Frank T. Stack||1935||1943||Democratic|
|Robert B. Oliver||1943||1945||Republican|
|Edward J. Kelley||1945||1947||Democratic|
|Irving Freese||1957||1959||Independent Party
|Frank J. Cooke||1961||1965||Republican|
|Donald J. Irwin||1971||1975||Democratic|
|Jennie Cave||1975||1977||Independent Party
|William A. Collins||1977||1981||Democratic|
|Thomas C. O'Connor||1981||1983||Republican|
|William A. Collins||1983||1987||Democratic|
|Richard A. Moccia||2005||2013||Republican|
- History of Norwalk, Connecticut
- Connecticut's 12th Senate district
- List of members of the Connecticut General Assembly from Norwalk
- The Political Graveyard
- List of mayors of Norwalk, 1913 – present Archived June 26, 2015, at the Wayback Machine.
- Norwalk Historical and Memorial Library Association (1901). Norwalk After Two Hundred & Fifty Years: An Account of the Celebration of the 250th Anniversary of the Charter of the Town, 1651-September 11th-1901 : Including Historical Sketches of Churches, Schools, Old Homes, Institutions, Eminent Men, Patriotic and Benevolent Work, Together with the Record of Soldiers and Sailors Enlisted in Norwalk from 1676 to 1898, the Civic Progress in the Last Century and Statistics of Commerce and Other Miscellany of Local Interest. C.A. Freeman. p. 307.
- The Norwalk Hour