Mayor of Rotorua
|Mayor of Rotorua|
|Inaugural holder||Cecil Clinkard|
The Mayor of Rotorua officiates over the Rotorua district of New Zealand, which is administered by the Rotorua District Council (RDC). An elected borough council first came together in February 1923; prior to that, the area had effectively been under government control. Rotorua has had 14 mayors so far, and the current mayor is Steve Chadwick.
List of Mayors of Rotorua
|3||John N. McLean||1928–1929|
|5||Harry D. Dansey||1941–1942|
|6||Prentice A. Kusabs||1942–1947|
Members of Parliament
Four mayors have also been Members of Parliament, and all of them represented the Rotorua electorate (the years in brackets give their term in Parliament):
- Cecil Clinkard (1928–1935)
- Alexander Moncur (1935–1943)
- Ray Boord (1954–1960)
- Steve Chadwick (1999–2011)
- "About Rotorua's History". Rotorua District Library. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- "Rotorua Mayors 1923 to present". Kete Rotorua. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- Martin, Matthew (12 October 2013). "Election 2013: Steve Chadwick is ready for action". Retrieved 12 October 2013.
- "The Rotary Club of Rotorua West – Chartered August 19th, 1965". The Rotary Club of Rotorua West. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- Martin, Matthew (2 October 2012). "Former Rotorua mayor farewelled". The Daily Post. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- Taylor, Julie (29 January 2009). "Former Rotorua mayor dies". The Daily Post. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Rotorua mayor to retire". The New Zealand Herald. 29 January 2004.
- "Local vote: District Councils ( A to R)". The New Zealand Herald. 11 October 2004.
|This article about New Zealand politics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|