Mayor of the Sunset Strip
|Mayor of the Sunset Strip|
|Directed by||George Hickenlooper|
|Written by||George Hickenlooper|
|Produced by||Greg Little|
|Edited by||Julie Janata|
|Music by||Anthony Marinelli|
|Distributed by||First Look Studios|
In 2011, Craig Hlavaty of the Houston Press named Mayor of the Sunset Strip at number eight on the paper's list of "The 31 Best Music Documentaries of All Time". The film won the Best Documentary Feature at the 2004 Santa Barbara International Film Festival.
- Ebert, Roger (2004-04-23). "Mayor of the Sunset Strip". Chicago Sun-Times. Archived from the original on 2012-10-10. Retrieved 2010-12-24.
- Zacharek, Stephanie (2004-04-13). "Mayor of the Sunset Strip". Salon. Archived from the original on 2016-02-05. Retrieved 2015-10-23.
Meet L.A. DJ Rodney Bingenheimer, who helped launch the careers of Blondie, the Ramones, Van Halen, the Go-Go's and countless others.
- "Peter Pan of sunset strip". The Age. 2005-05-13. Archived from the original on 2013-05-17. Retrieved 2015-10-23.
I was against the idea of the film at first," notes Bingenheimer, speaking from his apartment in Hollywood, which in the film appears crammed full of music and archived memorabilia. "But then all my friends - Cher, Nancy Sinatra, David Bowie - said they would do it, so I agreed to it.
- von Busack, Richard (2004-04-07). "Rock & Roll Royalty". Metroactive. Archived from the original on 2016-03-05. Retrieved 2015-10-23.
- Hlavaty, Craig (12 January 2011). "The 31 Best Music Documentaries of All Time". Houston Press. Archived from the original on 2015-11-15. Retrieved 23 October 2015.
- "2004 Film and Award History". Santa Barbara International Film Festival. 2004. Archived from the original on 23 March 2015. Retrieved 23 October 2015.