Map of Leyte with Mayorga highlighted
|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|District||2nd district of Leyte|
|• Mayor||Valente O. Adolfo|
|• Total||42.17 km2 (16.28 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||410/km2 (1,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)53|
|Income class||5th municipal income class|
|Electorate||11,754 voters (2016)|
The town was created in 1954 from the barrios of Mayorga, Andres Bonifacio, Talisay, San Roque, Burgos, Liberty, Union, Ormocay, Wilson, and the southern portion of barrio of Cogon Bingcay which were then a part of Dulag.
Mayorga is politically subdivided into 16 barangays.  In 1957, the sitios of Picas, Guintulayan, and Bañgag were converted into barrios and renamed Santa Cruz, General Antonio Luna, and Calipayan, respectively.
- A. Bonifacio
- General Antonio Luna
- Poblacion Zone 1
- Poblacion Zone 2
- Poblacion Zone 3
- San Roque
- Santa Cruz
|Population census of Mayorga|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority |
In the 2015 census, the population of Mayorga, Leyte, was 17,161 people, with a density of 410 inhabitants per square kilometre or 1,100 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Archived from the original on 25 January 2013. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- "Province: Leyte". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "An Act Creating the Municipality of Mayorga in the Province of Leyte". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-11.
- "An Act Creating Certain Barrios in the Municipality of Mayorga, Province of Leyte". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Leyte". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mayorga, Leyte.|
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|La Paz||Leyte Gulf|
|This article about a location in Eastern Visayas region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|