Mayors of Camden, New Jersey
Jump to navigation Jump to search
List of mayors
- Frank Moran (2018-present).
- Dana Redd (2010–2018)
- Gwendolyn Faison (2000-2010)
- Milton Milan (1997-2000). Milton Milan was the third mayor of Camden to be indicted for corruption within the past 20 years.
- Arnold Webster (1993-1997). Arnold Webster was the second mayor of Camden to be indicted for corruption. He "pleaded guilty to federal wire fraud charges in 1998".
- Aaron Thompson (1990-1993)
- Melvin R. Primas, Jr. (1981-1990)
- Angelo Errichetti (1973-1981). Angelo Errichetti was the first mayor of Camden to be indicted for corruption. He was indicted following Abscam.
- Joseph M. Nardi, Jr. (1969-1973)
- Alfred R. Pierce (1959-1969)
- George Edward Brunner (1936-1959)
- Frederick von Nieda (1935-1936)
- Roy R. Stewart (1931-1935)
- Winfield S. Price (1927-1931)
- Victor King (1923-1927)
- Frank S. Van Hart, acting (1922-1923)
- Charles H. Ellis (1905-1922)
- Joseph E. Nowrey (1902-1905)
- Cooper B. Hatch (1898-1902)
- L. Wescott (1892-1898)
- Jesse W. Pratt (1886-1892)
- Claudius W. Bradshaw (1880-1886)
- James W. Ayers (1877-1880)
- John Morgan (1876-1877)
- John H. Jones (1874-1876)
- Samuel M. Gaul (1871-1874)
- Charles Cox (1867-1871)
- Paul C. Budd (1864-1867)
- Timothy Middleton (1863-1864)
- Paul C. Budd (1862-1863)
- Thomas B. Atkinson (1860-1862)
- Clayton Trueax (1858-1860)
- Benjamin A. Hammel (1857-1858)
- James W. Shroff (1856-1857)
- Samuel Scull (1855-1856)
- Lorenzo F. Fisler (1853-1855)
- Charles D. Hineline (1852-1853)
- Lorenzo F. Fisler (1851-1852)
- Charles Sexton (1849-1851)
- Benjamin A. Hammell (1848-1849)
- Thomas B. Wood (1846-1848)
- Charles Kaighn (1845-1846)
- Richard W. Howell (1845-1846)
- John F. Cowperthwaite (1844-1845)
- Lorenzo F. Fisler (1840-1844)
- Elias Kaighn (1838-1840)
- Gideon V. Stivers (1830-1838)
- Samuel Laning (1828-1830). Samuel Laning was the first Mayor of Camden, New Jersey.
- "Mayors of Camden, New Jersey". Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "In Camden, Another Mayor Is Indicted on Corruption Charges". New York Times. March 31, 2000. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
Mr. Milan, who was elected in 1997, is the third Camden mayor to be indicted in the last 20 years. He was ensnared in a rolling investigation into drug dealing and official corruption that federal officials have conducted for more than a year.
- "Congressman, Mayor of Camden And 2 Indicted in Abscam Inquiry". New York Times. May 28, 1980. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
The indictment also charged Mayor Angelo J. Errichetti of Camden and two lawyers in Philadelphia, Howard L. Criden and Louis C. Johanson, with aiding and ...
- "George E. Brunner, Camden Ex-Mayor". New York Times. February 9, 1975. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
George E. Brunner, who was Mayor of Camden, N.J., from 1936 to 1959, died yesterday at This home in Haddon Township; N.J. He was 79 years old. ...