Mays is an unincorporated community in Center Township, Rush County, in the U.S. state of Indiana.
A post office has been in operation at Mays since 1883. Mays was laid out and platted in 1884.
Mays is located at 39°44′37″N 85°25′48″W / 39.74361°N 85.43000°W in Rush County, Indiana. It lies east of the town of Carthage, and west of the unincorporated community Raleigh.
Mays is served by Mays Community Academy for grades K-6, and they move to Benjamin Rush Middle School in Rushville for grades 7-8, and then Rushville Consolidated High School in grades 9-12.
- ^ "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-02-25.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "Mays, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- ^ "Rush County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- ^ History of Rush County, Indiana: From the Earliest Time to the Present, with Biographical Sketches, Notes, Etc. Eastern Indiana Publishing Company. 1888. p. 668.