This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Mayur Puri (born 28 May 1974) is an Indian screenwriter, lyricist, actor and film-maker working in Mumbai. He wrote songs, screenplays and dialogue for several movies, including Om Shanti Om (2007) starring Shahrukh Khan directed by Farah Khan, where Mayur also did a cameo appearance (as the wanna be Gujju Director of 'Apahij Pyar'). He wrote dialogue for the Farah Khan film Happy New Year (2014). On 17 November 2014 Library of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences selected the screenplay of Happy New Year for its permanent Core Collection.
Mayur wrote the dialogue for India's first 3D Dance film ABCD: Any Body Can Dance. He also penned the songs for 'ABCD: Any Body Can Dance'. After the success of 'ABCD: Any Body Can Dance', Mayur has written dialogue and songs for the second installment of the franchise ABCD: Any Body Can Dance 2.
Mayur hails from Ahmedabad, Gujarat, where he did most of his education, including an M.A. degree from University School Of Languages and F.Y. Diploma In Dramatics from the Drama Department of Gujarat College (topped the university). He spent his early years in writing and directing for local theatre and television and after 8 years of experience he moved from Ahmedabad to Mumbai in late 1999 and immediately landed a job with Sanjay Gadhvi as his Chief Assistant Director. From the year 2000 he started writing screenplay and dialogues for films that he was assisting on. During his first year in Mumbai, he also wrote and acted in lead for a Gujarati play: Amastaa Amastaa (2001).
Mayur came to Mumbai in 1999 and started assisting Sanjay Gadhvi. Their association lasted for 3 films:
Tere Liye where Mayur worked as a Chief Assistant Director. Yash Raj Films, Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai (2002) followed soon after, which also was Mayur's first as a screenwriter. While working for this film, he had the opportunity to work up & close with Yash Chopra (Founder - Yash Raj Films) & Aditya Chopra (Creative Producer - Yash Raj Films).
On Yash Raj Films, Dhoom (2004) Mayur worked as an Associate Director. ‘Dhoom’ being an action film was a complete departure from YRF's earlier romantic and family movies.
In 2004, Mayur quit working for Yash Raj Films and started to venture out as an independent screenwriter and lyricist.
Mayur's writing in 'Om Shanti Om' was much appreciated with dialogues like 'Ek Chukti Sindoor' and 'Picture Abhi Baaki Hai Mere Dost' acquiring a cult status upon the release.
He also co-wrote Blue (2009) which was the first Indian film to be shot extensively underwater at Bahamas with a Hollywood's top technicians involved in the making but it failed at the box-office. Next came Prince (2010 film) which Mayur wrote the dialogues for and also acted in a supporting role as P.K.
In 2009, Mayur took a sabbatical from Bollywood and founded a story-telling institute for young children called Story Circus and conducted a workshop for aspiring filmmakers in Goa with the help of Goa University. While he was busy with his activities Beyond Bollywood, Mayur's next hit at the box-office came in 2011 with Remo D'Souza's directorial debut F.A.L.T.U - the screenplay and dialogues for which Mayur had written a few years back.
After one of the sessions in Story Circus, Mayur bumped into Farah Khan who had come to pick her kids. While Mayur was still off Bollywood, Farah's Tees Maar Khan had released and she was starting to script her next project Happy New Year which she offered Mayur immediately. Also, around the same time, Pritam came back to Mayur and offered him to work on the songs of I Love New Year and Race 2. By 2012 Mayur returned to full-time writing with additional dialogue and lyrics of Remo D'Souza's next musical 'ABCD: Any Body Can Dance'. For this film's songs Mayur collaborated with music director duo - Sachin-Jigar. In 2013 he wrote 26 songs as a lyricist.
Happy New Year released in 2014, the dialogues of the film written by mayur  were very well received. Apart from this, Mayur worked on the script of ABCD: Any Body Can Dance 2. His recent releases as a lyricist are Humshakals, Entertainment, Kick, All is Well and ABCD: Any Body Can Dance 2.
In a TV Interview with Komal Nahata it was indicated that Mayur is working on his directorial debut film which will be announced soon.
As a songwriter, Mayur has closely worked with composer Pritam on the albums for Race 2 (2013), Singh Is Kinng (2009) and Pyaar Ke Side Effects (2006), Chocolate (2005 film), Garam Masala, Pyaar Ke Side Effects, Fight Club – Members Only, Singh is Kinng, Jannat 2, Race 2, Shaadi Ke Side Effects. The latest release is 'Selfie Le Le Re' from Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015) starring Salman Khan.
Ahmedabad Theatre, Commercials, TV shows (including 'DharmYuddh') which was the first Gujarati daily soap (edited and wrote also).
MUMBAI: Tere Liye was the first Hindi Film Mayur started to work as a First Assistant Director. It marked the launch of the Music duos Jeet-Pritam who are now working as independent music composers. The film was entirely shot in Ramoji Rao Filmcity (Hyderabad).
Mere Yaar ki Shaadi Hai was Mayur's first break as a screenwriter. He was also the Chief Assistant Director on the film. It was a light-hearted Romantic Family Drama that was received very well.
Mayur worked as the Associate Director on the first installment of Dhoom.
Story Circus - In 2010, Mayur founded an institute for young children (3-8 yrs) called Story Circus. The main concept of 'Story Circus' was to provide quality edutainment services for its patrons through story-telling and other audio-visual teaching aids.
In 2011, Mayur started an initiative called Filmgoa - an effort to decentralize the mainstream film-making in India. It aimed to provide training and job support to aspiring film-makers and to facilitate film making activities in Goa. Mayur went on to give orientation lectures in more than 30 colleges in Goa, interacting with over 6000 students during this year long event. Out of hundreds of applicants from all over the country, 85 promising ones were chosen for a year long workshop, hosted by Goa University and Goa Tourism Development Corporation.
Awards and nominations
|Filmfare Awards||2008||Om Shanti Om||Best Dialogue||Nominated|
|Li'l Star Awards||2008||Om Shanti Om||Best Dialogue||Won|
|German Public Bollywood Awards||2008||Om Shanti Om||Best Dialogue||Won|
|Star Screen Awards||2009||Singh is Kinng||Best Lyrics – Teri Ore||Nominated|
|Star Guild Awards||2014||Race 2||Best Lyrics – Beintehaan||Nominated|
|Mirchi Music Awards||2016||ABCD 2||Best Lyrics – Chunar||Nominated|
|Feel The Reel International Film Festival||2017||Firdaws||3rd Best of the Fest Award||Won|
|Feel The Reel International Film Festival||2017||Firdaws||Audience Award||Won|
|Feel The Reel International Film Festival||2017||Firdaws||Best Screenplay||Nominated|
|Roma Cinema DOC||2017||Firdaws||Best International Short Film||Nominated|
|Baretower Forge World Film Competition||2017||Firdaws||Best Plot Development - Runner Up||Won|
|Los Angeles Film Awards||2017||Firdaws||Best Fantasy Film||Won|
|Festigious International Film Festival||2017||Firdaws||Best Fantasy Film||Won|
|Los Angeles Independent Film Festival Awards||2017||Firdaws||Best Foreign Film Short||Nominated|
|Top Shorts||2017||Firdaws||Best Fantasy Film||Won|
|Auckland International Film Festival||2017||Firdaws||Best Short Film||Nominated|
|Depth of Field International Film Festival||2017||Firdaws||Best of Show||Won|
|VOB Film Festival||2017||Firdaws||Shorts||Nominated|
|Top Indie Film Awards||2018||Firdaws||Best Original Idea||Won|
|Year||Film||Lyrics||Actor||Director||Dialogue Writer||Assistant Director / Associate Director||Notes|
|2000||Tere Liye||Yes||First Assistant Director|
|2002||Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai||Yes||Yes||Chief Assistant Director|
Screenplay & Dialogue
|2003||Fun2shh... Dudes in the 10th Century||Yes||Lyrics: Dhuan Dhuan|
|2005||Chocolate||Yes||Lyrics: Halka Halka, Khalish, Mummy|
|2005||Garam Masala||Yes||Lyrics: Falak Dekhun|
|2005||Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena||Yes||Lyrics: Ishq Hai Jhoota, Yaaron|
|2006||Fight Club – Members Only||Yes||Yes||Additional Dialogue|
Lyrics: Ye Khuda, Chhore Ki Baatein, Fight Club
|2006||Provoked||Yes||Lyrics: Zindagi (This version of the song Alive was recorded by Shreya Ghoshal but was not featured in the movie or officially released)|
|2006||Gangster||Yes||Lyrics: Bheegi Bheegi|
|2006||Pyaar Ke Side Effects||Yes||Lyrics: Tauba Main, Jaane Kya Chahe Mann, Is this love? Dil Tod Ke, Allah Bachaye, Bad Boy|
|2006||Apna Sapna Money Money||Yes||Lyrics: Paisa Paisa|
|2006||Naksha||Yes||Lyrics: U and I|
|2007||Om Shanti Om||Yes||Yes||Dialogue|
Role: Gujju Director
|2007||Hattrick||Yes||Lyrics: Ek Pal Ne, Rabba Khair Kare, Wicket Bacha|
|2007||Speed||Yes||Lyrics: Hello, Loving You, Tikhi Tikhi, Wanna Wanna|
|2007||Dhol||Yes||Lyrics: All Night Long|
|2008||Singh Is Kinng||Yes||Lyrics: Bas Ek King, Jee Karda, Teri Ore, Talli Hua, Bhootni Ke|
|2008||My Name Is Anthony Gonsalves||Yes||Story, Screenplay & Dialogue|
|2008||Love Story 2050||Yes||Dialogue|
|2008||Kidnap||Yes||Lyrics: Hey Ya, Haan Ji, Mausam, Meri Ek Ada Shola|
|2009||Billu||Yes||Lyrics: Love Mera Hit Hit|
Lyrics: Aaj Dil
|2009||Ek: The Power of One||Yes||Lyrics: Bang Bang|
|2010||Toh Baat Pakki!||Yes||Lyrics: Jis Din Mera|
|2011||F.A.L.T.U||Yes||Dialogue & Screenplay|
|2011||Hum Tum Shabana||Yes||Lyrics: Kaare Kaare|
|2011||Double Dhamaal||Yes||Lyrics: Chill Maaro|
|2011||Tell Me O Kkhuda||Yes||Yes||Dialogue & Screenplay|
Lyrics: Someone Somebody, Morchang, Janasheen, Love you Dad
|2012||Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya||Yes||Lyrics: Pee Paa, Fann Ban Gayi|
|2012||Jannat 2||Yes||Lyrics: Jannatein Kahaan|
|2012||Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum||Yes||Lyrics: Dil Garden Garden|
|2012||Ajab Gazabb Love||Yes||Yes||Dialogue & Screenplay|
|2013||Race 2||Yes||Lyrics: Be-Intehaan, Lat Lag Gayee, Allah Duhaayi Hai|
|2013||ABCD: Any Body Can Dance||Yes||Yes||Additional Dialogue|
Lyrics: Bezubaan, Psycho Re, Sorry Sorry, Chandu Ki GirlFriend, Duhaayi, Kar Ja Ya Mar Ja, Shambhu Sutaya, Sadda Dil Vi Tu
|2013||Himmatwala||Yes||Lyrics: Thank God It's Friday|
|2013||I, Me Aur Main||Yes||Lyrics: Dar-ba-dar|
|2013||Jayantabhai Ki Luv Story||Yes||Lyrics: Thoda Thoda, Hai Naa|
|2013||I Love New Year||Yes||Lyrics: Gud Nal Ishq, Halki Halki, Aaja Meri Jaan|
|2013||Commando||Yes||Lyrics: Lutt Jawaan, Saawan Bairi, Mungda, Lena Dena|
|2013||Issaq||Yes||Lyrics: Issaq Tera(Male), Issaq Tera (Duet)|
|2013||R... Rajkumar||Yes||Lyrics: Saree Ke Fall Sa|
|2014||Dishkiyaoon||Yes||Lyrics: Mere Type Ka Nahi Hai|
|2014||Shaadi Ke Side Effects||Yes||Lyrics: Vyah Karke Pachhtaya|
|2014||Humshakals||Yes||Lyrics: Hum Paagal Nahi Hai, Barbaad Raat|
|2014||It's Entertainment||Yes||Lyrics: Johnny Johnny, Veerey Di Wedding|
|2014||Kick||Yes||Lyrics: Tu Hi Tu, Tu Hi Tu (Reprise)|
|2014||Radio Mirchi Song||Yes||Lyrics: Tere Bina Main - Mirchi Song|
|2014||Finding Fanny||Yes||Lyrics: Shake Your Bootiya|
|2014||Happy New Year||Yes||Dialogue|
|2015||Coke Studio||Yes||Lyrics: Sawan Mein|
|2015||ABCD: Any Body Can Dance 2||Yes||Yes||Dialogue|
Lyrics: Bezubaan Phir Se, Bezubaan Phir Se Reprise, Happy Hour, Happy Budday, If You Hold My Hand, Naach Meri Jaan, Tattoo Song, Maayi Teri Chunariya, Hey Gannraya, Vande Mataram
|2015||Bajrangi Bhaijaan||Yes||Lyrics: Selfie, Chicken Song|
|2015||All Is Well||Yes||Lyrics: Tu Mila De|
|2015||Baaki Baatein Peene Baad||Yes||Lyrics: Baaki Baatein Peene Baad|
|2016||The Jungle Book||Yes||Yes||Hindi Dialogue
Hindi Lyrics: Ye Zarooratein (Bare Necessities:Hindi), Tujhsa Banoo (I wanna be like you:Hindi)
|2016||Captain America: Civil War||Yes||Hindi Dialogue|
|2016||The Angry Birds Movie||Yes||Hindi Dialogue with Taranveer Singh & Akshaye Rathi|
|2016||Finding Dory||Yes||Yes||Hindi Dialogue with Abha JaiPrakash 
Hindi Lyrics: Hum Chaley Ghar (We're Going Home:Hindi), Ghar Wapasi (Migration:Hindi), Tairtey Raho (Just Keep Swimming:Hindi)
|2016||Dishoom||Yes||Lyrics: Toh Dhishoom, Janemann Aah|
|2016||A Flying Jatt||Yes||Lyrics: Bhangra Pa|
|2016||Moana||Yes||Yes||Hindi Dialogue with Abha JaiPrakash|
Hindi Lyrics: Aagey Aagey (Make Way:Hindi), Manzil Meri (How Far I'll Go:Hindi), Tathastu (You are Welcome:Hindi), Shona (Shiny: Hindi), Tu Hi Hai (Who You Are: Hindi), Avey Avey (Avey Avey: Hindi)
|2017||Ek Dafaa||Yes||Lyrics: Ek Dafaa|
Story, Screenplay & Dialogue
Lyrics: Firdaws (OST)
|2017||Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales||Yes||Hindi Dialogue with Abha JaiPrakash|
|2017||Thor: Ragnarok||Yes||Hindi Dialogue with Abha JaiPrakash|
|2018||Avengers: Infinity War||Yes||Hindi Dialogue with Abha JaiPrakash|
|2018||Incredibles 2||Yes||Hindi Dialogue with Abha JaiPrakash|
|2018||Ralph Breaks the Internet||Yes||Hindi Lyrics: Slaughter Race, Hindi Lyrics: Superstar|
|2018||Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle||Yes||Hindi Dialogue with Abha JaiPrakash|
- "Om Shanti Om (2007) Yahoo Movies". Yahoo. Retrieved 18 July 2014.
- "Happy New Year Credits - YouTube.com". YouTube.com. Retrieved 13 October 2014.
- "HNY in Oscar Library - timesofindia.com". TimesOfIndia. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "ABCD2 Full Cast & Crew - BollywoodHungama.com". BollywoodHungama.com. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- "Happy New Year - Trailer Dialogues - YouTube". YouTube. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- "Mayur Puri's Interview with Komal Nahata (2013)- YouTube". YouTube. Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- ""Times Poll Most Romantic Song - TimesofIndia". timesofindia.com. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- "Provoked : Alive - A R Rahman feat. Karen David". Firstpost.com. Retrieved 18 July 2014.
- "German Public Bollywood Awards - GPBA.EU". GPBA.EU. Retrieved 29 July 2014.
- "Star Screen Awards 2008 - Indicine". Indicine. Retrieved 29 July 2014.
- "Star Guild Awards 2014 - Indicine". Indicine. Retrieved 29 July 2014.
- "Feel The Reel International Film Festival 2017". Feel the Reel International Film Festival. Retrieved 16 April 2017.
- "Roma Cinema DOC 2017". Roma Cinema DOC. Retrieved 1 April 2017.
- "Baretower Forge World Film Competition 2017". Facebook. Retrieved 4 May 2017.
- "Los Angeles Film Awards 2017". Los Angeles Film Awards. Retrieved 7 May 2017.
- "Festigious International Film Festival 2017". Festigious International Film Festival. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Top Shorts 2017". Top Shorts. Retrieved 3 June 2017.
- "Depth of Field International Film Festival 2017". Depth of Field International Film Festival. Retrieved 16 June 2017.
- "Zindagi Song - Soundcloud.com". Soundcloud. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- "Om Shanti Om Credits - redchillies.com". redchillies.com. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- "Jayantabhai Ki Luv Story (2013) Lyrics - BollyLyrics.com". BollyLyrics.com. Retrieved 29 July 2014.
- "I Love New Year (2013) Song List - BollywoodHungama". BollywoodHungama. Retrieved 29 July 2014.
- "Entertainment Music Review - koimoi.com". koimoi.com. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- "Kick Music Review - BollywoodHungama". BollywoodHungama.com. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- "Sawan Mein - YouTube". YouTube.com. Retrieved 12 April 2015.
- "ABCD2 Official Trailer - YouTube". YouTube.com. Retrieved 7 May 2015.
- "ABCD2 Songs JukeBox - YouTube". YouTube.com. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- "Selfie - YouTube". YouTube.com. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- "Chicken Song - YouTube". YouTube.com. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
- "Tu Mila De - YouTube". YouTube.com. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- "Baaki Baatein Peene Baad - YouTube". YouTube.com. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "Fursat - YouTube". YouTube.com. Retrieved 18 March 2016.
- "The Jungle Book(Hindi) - StudioFlicks". StudioFlicks.com. Retrieved 18 March 2016.
- "Captain America: Civil War (Hindi) - Indian Express". IndianExpress.com. Retrieved 23 April 2016.
- "The Angry Birds Movie (Hindi) - Indian Express". IndianExpress.com. Retrieved 31 May 2016.
- "Finding Dory (Hindi) - The People Post". thepeoplepost.com. Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- "Toh Dhishoom - You Tube". youtube.com. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- "Janemann Aah - You Tube". youtube.com. Retrieved 12 July 2016.
- "Bhangra Pa - You Tube". youtube.com. Retrieved 21 August 2016.
- "Ek Dafaa - You Tube". youtube.com. Retrieved 26 January 2017.
- "Dhingana - You Tube". youtube.com. Retrieved 26 January 2017.