Maywood Historic District
Maywood Historic District
|Location||Roughly bounded by Lorcom Ln., Spout Run Parkway, I-66, Lee Highway, N. Oakland St., N. Nelson St., and N. Lincoln St.Arlington, Virginia|
|Area||46 acres (19 ha)|
|Architect||Conner, J. Arthur; et al.|
|Architectural style||Late Victorian, Late 19th And 20th Century Revivals|
|NRHP reference #||03000460|
|Added to NRHP||May 22, 2003|
|Designated VLR||May 19, 2003, February 7, 2006|
The Maywood Historic District is a national historic district located in Arlington County, Virginia. It contains 198 contributing buildings in a residential neighborhood located in the northern part of the County. The area was platted and subdivided in five sections between 1909 and 1913 following the arrival in 1906 of the Great Falls and Old Dominion Railroad (later the Great Falls Division of the Washington and Old Dominion Railway). The area was primarily developed between 1909 and 1929. The dwelling styles include a variety of architectural styles, including Queen Anne, Colonial Revival foursquares, Bungalow, and two-story gable-front houses. Several dwellings in the neighborhood have been identified as prefabricated mail-order houses.
The Arlington County Board designated the neighborhood to be a local historic district on July 7, 1990. The National Park Service listed the neighborhood on the National Register of Historic Places on May 22, 2003.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "000-5056 Maywood Historic District". Virginia Landmarks Register: Arlington County. Virginia Department of Historic Resources. 2018-04-04. Retrieved 2018-11-12.
- Albee, Carrie E.; Trieschmann, Laura V. (EHT Traceries. Inc.) (November 2002). "Maywood Historic District" (PDF). National Register of Historic Places: Registration Form. Virginia Department of Historic Resources. Retrieved 2018-11-12. and Accompanying four photos and Accompanying map
- Harwood, Herbert Hawley, Jr. (2000). Rails to the Blue Ridge: The Washington and Old Dominion Railroad, 1847–1968 (3rd ed.). Fairfax Station, Virginia: Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority. pp. 39–40. ISBN 0-615-11453-9. OCLC 44685168 – via Google Books.
- "Maywood Historic District". Projects and Planning. Arlington County, Virginia government. Archived from the original on 2014-11-17. Retrieved 2018-11-12.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Maywood Historic District (Arlington, Virginia).|
|This article about a property in Arlington County, Virginia on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|