Maywood Township, Benton County, Minnesota
|Maywood Township, Minnesota|
|• Total||35.7 sq mi (92.4 km2)|
|• Land||35.7 sq mi (92.4 km2)|
|Elevation||1,132 ft (345 m)|
|• Density||27/sq mi (10.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0664938|
The former city of Ronneby reverted to being part of Maywood Township on May 4, 2009.
- Granite Ledge Township (north)
- Milaca Township, Mille Lacs County (northeast)
- Milo Township, Mille Lacs County (east)
- Greenbush Township, Mille Lacs County (southeast)
- Glendorado Township (south)
- Gilmanton Township (west)
- Alberta Township (northwest)
The township contains two cemeteries: Elwell and Maywood.
As of the census of 2000, there were 860 people, 302 households, and 243 families residing in the township. The population density was 24.4 people per square mile (9.4/km²). There were 314 housing units at an average density of 8.9/sq mi (3.4/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 97.79% White, 0.12% African American, 0.12% Native American, 0.23% Asian, 0.23% from other races, and 1.51% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.81% of the population.
There were 302 households out of which 40.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 71.2% were married couples living together, 5.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 19.5% were non-families. 16.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.85 and the average family size was 3.21.
In the township the population was spread out with 29.9% under the age of 18, 8.6% from 18 to 24, 28.3% from 25 to 44, 24.4% from 45 to 64, and 8.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 34 years. For every 100 females, there were 100.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 108.7 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $47,500, and the median income for a family was $50,060. Males had a median income of $33,068 versus $21,696 for females. The per capita income for the township was $17,911. About 4.5% of families and 5.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 3.8% of those under age 18 and 15.0% of those age 65 or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Maywood township, Benton County, Minnesota". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- Upham, Warren (1920). Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance. Minnesota Historical Society. p. 50.