|Mazda CX-3 (DK)|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Subcompact crossover SUV|
|Body style||5-door SUV|
|Wheelbase||2,570 mm (101.2 in)|
|Length||4,275 mm (168.3 in)|
|Width||1,765 mm (69.5 in) (with mirrors: 2,049 mm (80.7 in))|
|Height||1,550 mm (61.0 in)|
|Curb weight||1,339 kg (2,952 lb)|
The Mazda CX-3 is a subcompact crossover SUV manufactured in Japan by Mazda. Based on the same platform as the Mazda Demio/Mazda2 (DJ), it was revealed to the public with a full photo gallery on November 19, 2014, and first put on display two days later at the 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show, as a production vehicle for the model year of 2016.
CX3 Racing Concept (2015)
The Mazda CX3 Racing Concept was unveiled at the 2015 Tokyo Auto Salon, and a few days later at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. It sports front lip and roof spoilers, side skirts, coloured accents and larger 17 inch wheels and tyres.
Production version (2016–present)
The CX-3 is offered with an array of engines, such as a 1.5 L and 2.0 four cylinder gasoline engine, and a 1.5 L SkyActiv-D diesel engine. CX-3 sales began in the United States in the end of 2015 as a model for 2016. It replaced the similar Mazda2 subcompact in the market in North America.
Across the model lineup, power is provided by an updated (2018) 2.0 litre SkyActiv-G engine that develops 148 bhp (110 kW) and 148 lb-ft (201 Nm) of torque. It is connected to a six speed automatic transmission that can be paired to an optional all wheel drive system.
The entry level CX-3 Sport, Touring and Grand Touring all feature cruise control, power windows / lock and a 60/40 split folding rear seat. Other highlights include a rearview camera, Bluetooth connectivity, and a MAZDA CONNECT infotainment system with a seven inch display as standard equipment.
In Asia, the CX-3 is sold in countries such as Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Philippines and Indonesia, and was introduced progressively from 2016. Similarly, the CX-3 is offered with a 2.0 four cylinder gasoline engine or a 1.5 L SkyActiv-D diesel engine.
Awards and recognition
- 2015 Red Dot Design Award, Germany
- 2016 Yahoo Autos Savvy Ride of the Year
- 2016 IIHS Top Safety Pick+
- 2016 World Car Design of the Year Finalist
- 2016 Car of the Year Thailand
- 2016 Best Compact SUV, Fleet News Awards, UK
- 2016 Automobile Journalists Association of Canada Canadian Utility Vehicle of the Year
- 2016 Automobile Journalists Association of Canada Canadian Green Utility Vehicle of the Year
- 2018 Best City SUV, Drive Car of the Year, Australia
|Calendar year||Australia||United States||Canada||Europe||Thailand|
- "Mazda to Produce All-New CX-5 at Hofu Plant". Mazda. 2017-03-15. Retrieved 2018-05-24.
- "Mazda Begins CX-3 Production at Hofu Plant". Mazda. 2016-12-16. Retrieved 2018-05-24.
- "Mazda commences production of all-new Mazda CX-3 at Rayong facility". insidemazda.co.uk.
- "Mazda CX-3 2.0i (150 Hp) Technical Specifications from auto-data.net".
- "Photos Mazda CX3 CX-3 I 2015 from article Mazda CX2-CX3". autoya.info.
- "Mazda CX-3 Racing concept revealed in Tokyo". Auto Express.
- "Mazda CX-3 racing concept revealed". Practical Motoring. January 19, 2015.
- "2016 Mazda CX-3 Release Date and Price". Blendcars. 2014-10-27. Retrieved 2014-12-22.
- "2016 Mazda2 won't come to the US". Autoblog.
- "Mazda Cx 3 Specs". CarBay Malaysia. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- "2016 Mazda CX-3 gets detailed". Worldcarfans.
- "2016 Yahoo Autos Savvy Ride Of The Year: Mazda CX-3". www.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2015-11-17.
- "Vehicle details". www.iihs.org. Retrieved 2016-10-14.
- "Thailand cars sales report 2015". HeadlightMag.com. Thailand. Retrieved 24 Oct 2018.
- "Thailand cars sales report 2016". HeadlightMag.com. Thailand. Retrieved 24 Oct 2018.
- "Thailand cars sales report 2017". HeadlightMag.com. Thailand. Retrieved 24 Oct 2018.
- "Masda sales report 2018". HeadlightMag.com. Thailand. Retrieved 1 Jan 2019.
- Davis, Brett (2020-01-06). "Australian vehicle sales for December 2019 (VFACTS) – best of the year". PerformanceDrive. Retrieved 2020-01-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mazda CX-3.|
Mazda automobile timeline, North American market, 1980s–present
|Sports||MX-5 Miata||MX-5 Miata||MX-5 Miata||MX-5 Miata|
|Note||* The Mazda5 was sold only in Canada after the 2014 model year.|