Mazda CX-3 (Germany)
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Subcompact crossover SUV|
|Body style||5-door SUV|
|Wheelbase||2,570 mm (101.2 in)|
|Length||4,275 mm (168.3 in)|
|Width||1,765 mm (69.5 in)|
|Height||1,550 mm (61.0 in)|
|Curb weight||1,339 kg (2,952 lb)|
The Mazda CX-3 is a Subcompact crossover SUV manufactured in Japan by Mazda. Based on the same platform as the Mazda2, it was revealed to the public with a full photo gallery on November 19, 2014, and first put on display two days later at the 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show, as a production vehicle for the model year of 2016.
CX3 Racing Concept (2015)
The Mazda CX3 Racing Concept was unveiled at the 2015 Tokyo Auto Salon, and a few days later at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. It sports front lip and roof spoilers, side skirts, coloured accents and larger 17 inch wheels and tyres.
Production version (2016-present)
The CX-3 is offered with an array of engines, such as a 1.5 L and 2.0 four cylinder gasoline engine, and a 1.5 L SkyActiv-D diesel engine. CX-3 sales began in the United States in the end of 2015 as a model for 2016. It replaced the similar Mazda2 subcompact in the market in North America.
Across the model lineup, power is provided by a 2.0 litre SkyActiv-G engine that develops 146 bhp (108 kW) and 146 lb-ft (197 Nm) of torque. It is connected to a six speed automatic transmission that can be paired to an optional all wheel drive system.
The entry level CX-3 Sport, Touring and Grand Touring all feature cruise control, power windows / lock and a 60/40 split folding rear seat. Other highlights include a rearview camera, Bluetooth connectivity, and a MAZDA CONNECT infotainment system with a seven inch display as standard equipment.
In Asia, the CX-3 is sold in countries such as Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand, and will be introduced progressively from 2016. Similarly, the CX-3 is offered with a 2.0 four cylinder gasoline engine or a 1.5 L SkyActiv-D diesel engine.
Awards and recognition
- 2015 Red Dot Design Award, Germany
- 2016 Yahoo Autos Savvy Ride of the Year
- 2016 IIHS Top Safety Pick+
- 2016 World Car Design of the Year Finalist
- 2016 Car of the Year Thailand
- 2016 Automobile Journalists Association of Canada Canadian Utility Vehicle of the Year
- 2016 Automobile Journalists Association of Canada Canadian Green Utility Vehicle of the Year
- "Mazda to Produce All-New CX-5 at Hofu Plant". Mazda. 2017-03-15. Retrieved 2018-05-24.
- "Mazda Begins CX-3 Production at Hofu Plant". Mazda. 2016-12-16. Retrieved 2018-05-24.
- "Mazda commences production of all-new Mazda CX-3 at Rayong facility". insidemazda.co.uk.
- "Photos Mazda CX3 CX-3 I 2015 from article Mazda CX2-CX3". autoya.info.
- "Mazda CX-3 Racing concept revealed in Tokyo".
- "Mazda CX-3 racing concept revealed".
- "2016 Mazda CX-3 Release Date and Price". Blendcars. 2014-10-27. Retrieved 2014-12-22.
- "2016 Mazda2 won't come to the US". Autoblog.
- "Mazda Cx 3 Specs". CarBay Malaysia. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- "2016 Mazda CX-3 gets detailed". Worldcarfans.
- "2016 Yahoo Autos Savvy Ride Of The Year: Mazda CX-3". www.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2015-11-17.
- "Vehicle details". www.iihs.org. Retrieved 2016-10-14.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mazda CX3.|
Mazda automobile timeline, North American market, 1980s–present
|Sports||MX-5 Miata||MX-5 Miata||MX-5 Miata||MX-5|
|* Mazda5 only available in Canada since 2015|