|Body and chassis|
|Class||Compact crossover SUV|
|Body style||5-door SUV|
|Related||Mazda CX-5 (KF)|
|Transmission||6-speed SKYACTIV-Drive automatic|
|Wheelbase||2,930 mm (115 in)|
|Length||4,900 mm (193 in)|
|Width||1,840 mm (72 in)|
|Height||1,730 mm (68 in)|
The Mazda CX-8 is a compact crossover SUV produced by Mazda since the end of 2017. It is a long wheelbase (LWB) version of the second generation CX-5. First unveiled on 14 September 2017, the CX-8 is Mazda's flagship SUV in Japan, as the larger CX-9 is not sold in the country. Outside of Japan, the CX-8 is available in Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, and China.
While bearing a striking resemblance to the second generation CX-9, the CX-8 is 17 cm shorter in length and 13 cm narrower in width to conform to Japanese roads. Within a few weeks after its introduction in Japan, Mazda dealers received over 12,000 orders from consumers.
The CX-8 was initially offered only with a 2.2 L SKYACTIV-D diesel engine, but a choice of two I4 petrol engines was added in 2018: a 2.5 L SKYACTIV-G (PY-VPS) from the CX-5 and a turbocharged version of the same engine from the CX-9.
Marton Pettendy of Motoring gave the CX-8 a rating of 84 out of 100, praising the quality and refinement, performance and economy, and diesel power for less than the CX-9, but criticizing the tight rear head/leg room, sub par warranty and service intervals, and the lack of a spare tire and CarPlay.
Malcolm Flynn of CarsGuide rated the car 8.1. out of 10, praising its ease of parking compared to the CX-9, more useful boot space than the CX-5, and its comfortable ride, but criticising its lack of a petrol engine and CarPlay, and the steep price jump between the Sport and Asaki trims.
Paul Maric of CarAdvice gave the car a rating of 7.9 out of 10, calling it a "compelling proposition for families that need the extra space of an occasional third row and the fuel economy of a diesel engine."
- "Bermaz To Locally Assemble Mazda CX-8 In Malaysia, Estimated Launch In mid-2019". Carlist.my. 2018-03-15. Retrieved 2018-10-08.
- Yuzawa, Masahisa (2018-11-09). "Mazda to roll out China-only electric vehicles by 2020". The Nikkei. Retrieved 2018-11-12.
- Lee, Jonathan (2018-10-26). "Mazda CX-8 updated in Japan – 2.5L turbo, GVC Plus". Paul Tan. Retrieved 2018-11-12.
- "Mazda CX-8 Crossover at below RM180k confirmed for Malaysia". www.freemalaysiatoday.com. 30 October 2017. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- DeMuro, Doug (2018-01-01). "The Mazda CX-4 and CX-8 Exist in Other Markets". Autotrader.com. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- Sam Charlwood (15 September 2017). "2018 Mazda CX-8: Full details". www.motoring.com.au. carsales.com Ltd. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- Lyon, Peter (2018-02-16). "Mazda Strikes Gold With CX-8, Its First-Ever 7-Seater SUV In Japan". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-11-15.
- Duff, Craig (2018-06-14). "Mazda expands its line-up with new CX-8 seven-seater". news.com.au. Retrieved 2018-10-08.
- Lye, Gerard (2018-03-15). "Mazda CX-8 7-seat SUV to be introduced in Malaysia by third quarter of 2018, new Mazda 6 by Q2 2018". Paul Tan. Retrieved 2018-10-08.
- Hilliard, Justin (2018-10-30). "Mazda CX-8 2019 gets petrol power in Japan". CarsGuide. Cox Automotive. Retrieved 2018-11-12.
- Pettendy, Marton (2018-06-29). "Mazda CX-8 2018 Review". Motoring.com.au. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- Flynn, Malcolm (2018-06-29). "Mazda CX-8 2018 review". CarsGuide. Cox Automotive. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- Maric, Paul (2018-06-29). "2018 Mazda CX-8 review". CarAdvice. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mazda CX-8.|
|This automobile-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|