Mazon Township, Grundy County, Illinois
Location in Grundy County
Grundy County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||35.5 sq mi (92 km2)|
|• Land||35.14 sq mi (91.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.36 sq mi (0.9 km2) 1.01%|
|Elevation||584 ft (178 m)|
|• Density||42.3/sq mi (16.3/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60424, 60444, 60450, 60479|
|GNIS feature ID||0429346|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.5 square miles (92 km2), of which 35.14 square miles (91.0 km2) (or 98.99%) is land and 0.36 square miles (0.93 km2) (or 1.01%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these four cemeteries: Brookside, Old Mazon, Ward and Wheeler.
Airports and landing strips
- J B Fillman Airport
- Coal City Community Unit School District 1
- Illinois' 11th congressional district
- State House District 75
- State Senate District 38
- "Mazon Township, Grundy County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Norman Township||Wauponsee Township||Goose Lake Township|
|Vienna Township||Maine Township|
|Highland Township||Goodfarm Township||Garfield Township|