|Mbale Regional Referral Hospital|
|Uganda Ministry of Health|
|Hospital type||General and Teaching|
|Other links||Hospitals in Uganda
Medical education in Uganda
Busitema University Medical School
Mbale Regional Referral Hospital, commonly known as Mbale Hospital is a hospital in Mbale, Eastern Uganda. It is the referral hospital for the districts of Busia, Budaka, Bukwa, Butaleja, Manafwa, Mbale, Pallisa, Sironko and Tororo. The hospital also serves many more patients from outside the hospital's catchment area.
Mbale Hospital is located on Pallisa Road, in the central business district of the town, approximately 222 kilometres (138 mi), by road, northeast of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest metropolitan area. The coordinates of Mbale Regional Referral Hospital are:1°04'36.0"N, 34°10'35.0"E (Latitude:1.076667; Longitude:34.176389).
Mbale Hospital is a public hospital, funded by the Uganda Ministry of Health and general care in the hospital is free. The hospital is one of the thirteen "Regional Referral Hospitals" in Uganda. It is also designated as one of the three public clinical paramedical teaching hospitals and as one of the fifteen "Internship Hospitals" in Uganda, where graduates of Ugandan medical schools can serve a one-year internship under the supervision of qualified specialists and consultants. The hospital is the teaching hospital of Busitema University School of Medicine.
- Mafabi, David (18 June 2013). "More Patients Sleep On Floor Than Beds At Mbale Hospital". Daily Monitor (Kampala). Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "Road Distance Between Kampala And Mbale With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Mbale Regional Referral Hospital At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- Medical Education in Uganda
- Olaka, Denis (6 November 2013). "Busitema University Faculty of Health Sciences Opens In Mbale". Uganda Radio Network (URN). Retrieved 30 October 2014.