McAllen Memorial High School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|McAllen Memorial High School|
101 East Hackberry Avenue
|Type||Public High School|
|School district||McAllen Independent School District|
|Principal||Pedro Alvarez, Jr|
|Number of students||2,246|
|Color(s)||Columbia Blue and Gold|
|Rivals||McAllen High School, James "Nikki" Rowe High School|
McAllen Memorial High School is one of three high schools serving the McAllen, Texas area as a part of the McAllen Independent School District. It houses over 2,000 students from grades 9-12. Prior to the establishment of Memorial High School, the school and its building were originally opened and operated as Brown Middle School. The high school opened in 1980, at its current location, 101 East Hackberry Avenue McAllen, Texas, United States. The school colors are Columbia blue and bright gold and the mascot is a mustang. All athletic teams compete in the UIL District 30-6A.
As of 2017, McAllen Memorial's student body was 94% Hispanic, 5% White, and 1% Asian.
Memorial High School began in 1980, renovations were made to the Health Clinic, Assistant Principal offices, Attendance office, Auditorium in 1999.
The high school lies on 39.39 acres of land, there are currently 100 permanent classrooms and 3 portable classrooms. Along with the classrooms, Memorial has a football stadium, gym, and weight room.
McAllen Memorial High School possesses one of the best regular season football records for the Rio Grande Valley with a 12–1 record in 2012 that included a 12-game win streak before a loss in the playoffs.
McAllen Memorial High's feeder schools include:
- Bonham, Escandon, Gonzales, Houston, Jackson, Milam (partial), and Roosevelt elementary schools
- Dr. Rodney D. Cathey Middle School and Dorothea Brown Middle School
- "Memorial High School Profile | Mcallen, Texas (TX)". www.publicschoolreview.com. Retrieved 2017-09-19.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-03-03. Retrieved 2011-07-13.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "[mws.mcallenisd.net/misd/hs_memorial_map.html High School Zones > McAllen Memorial High School]." McAllen Independent School District. Retrieved on March 11, 2017.
- "McISDMap_ES.pdf." McAllen Independent School District. Retrieved on March 11, 2017.
- "MISD_MS_Map.pdf." McAllen Independent School District. Retrieved on March 11, 2017.
|This article about a high school in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|