|Nutritional value per 1 sandwich|
|Energy||590.0 kcal (2,469 kJ)|
|Dietary fiber||4.0 g|
|Percentages are roughly approximated using US recommendations for adults.|
The McArabia is a pita bread sandwich available at some McDonald's outlets in Arab countries and Pakistan. While it is known as the Grilled Chicken foldover in Singapore and Malaysia, it is also known as McOriental in Spain, France and Holland, the McTurco in Turkey, Greek Mac in Greece and Cyprus, and as the McKebab in Israel. The sandwich is made to originally meet Middle Eastern local taste.
The Sandwich was introduced as the Greek Mac in 2001 in Greece.
The McArabia was introduced in Saudi Arabia and UAE on March 2003 due to a sharp fall of profits in 2002,and declared a permanent product, due to boycotts on U.S brands and restaurants over the war on Iraq and claiming that the ingredients were not from local vendors. The first version of the sandwich used grilled chicken with pita bread which was imported from the UK for the first week, then switched to local bakers. In 2004 the Kofta variant was added.
Product description and variants
- McArabia: Grilled chicken,which contains two grilled chicken patties with tomatoes, lettuce and topped with Garlic sauce wrapped in pita bread Served in the UAE, KSA, Qatar, Oman, Egypt and Pakistan.
- McArabia grilled kofta. served with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and garlic mayonnaise in addition to two patties of grilled kofta, all in an Arabic style pita bread, served in Egypt. and withdrawn from other countries in early years.
- McArabia: Crispy Chicken a variant that replaces the grilled chicken, was available for a limited time.
- McArabia: Sujuk a variant that replaces the kofta and was available in the UAE for a limited time.
- McArabia Saveur Tagine was a variant that had cumin bread, basil sauce, onions, cumin and coriander, combined with grilled vegetables (tomatoes, grilled red and yellow peppers), with a spicy basil sauce. It was only available in Morocco in April 2009.
- McArabia Saveur Badinjan (eggplant) was a variant that had cumin bread, grilled vegetables (eggplants, pepper and tomatoes). The sandwich was only available in Morocco in April 2009.
- Mini McArabia was a variant that was similar to the McArabia, its ingredients and price were cut in half from the regular McArabia, making it have one single patty and fewer vegetables, its patty variants were Sujuk and Grilled Chicken.
- McArabia Halloumi is a breakfast item, that is Pita bread that had a lightly grilled Halloumi cheese accompanied by lettuce, tomatoes and black olives.
- "McDonald's renforce sa gamme". 12 March 2009.
- "McTurco® Etli Menü". McDonald's Türkiye.
- "Greek Mac". McDonald's Greece.
- Yunker, John (15 October 2003). "Would You Like Fries With Your Greek Mac?". Corante.
- "29 Exotic McDonald’s Dishes Around the World". twistedsifter. 22 December 2011.
- Derhally, Massoud (5 March 2003). "McDonald's rolls out McArabia". ArabianBusiness.com.
- Tagliabue, John (15 March 2003). "U.S. Brands Abroad Are Feeling Global Tension". The New York Times.
- "McArabia Chicken". McDonald's Oman.
- "Sandwiches". McDonald's Egypt.
- ssarah (31 August 2014). "McDonald’s Celebrates Local Flavor with New McArabia Sandwiches". I Love Qatar.
- "mcarabia-sujuk". McDonald's UAE.
- Chris (6 December 2013). "McDonald’s McArabia Halloumi". everythinghapa.