|Tour by McBusted|
Original poster for the tour, showing the original 11 dates
|Location||UK and Ireland|
|Start date||17 April 2014|
|End date||29 June 2014|
|Number of shows||36|
The McBusted Tour is a 2014 concert tour by English supergroup McBusted, composed of members of pop rock bands McFly and Busted. It consisted of 36 shows around cities in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland from April–June 2014. The tour began on 17 April in Glasgow and ended on 27 June in Scarborough.
From 19 to 22 September 2013, Matt Willis and James Bourne made a surprise brief reunion as Busted when they joined McFly as special guests during McFly's four 10th anniversary concerts at the Royal Albert Hall. Willis and Bourne's ex-bandmate Charlie Simpson, whose decision to quit Busted led to the band's break-up in January 2005, chose not to take part at the concerts. Under the name "McBusted", the six-piece performed Busted's "Year 3000" and "Air Hostess" and McFly's "Shine a Light". This sparked rumours that Busted could make a comeback. On 11 November 2013, it was announced that Bourne and Willis would join Tom Fletcher, Danny Jones, Dougie Poynter and Harry Judd and go on an eleven-date arena tour in April and May 2014 as McBusted, playing both Busted and McFly songs. Simpson refused to be a part of McBusted as he wanted to focus on his own career, but he was paid a six-figure sum by Willis and Bourne after he sold his third of the copyrighted Busted name. A source told the Daily Mirror that Simpson's decision not to be part of McBusted was an amicable one: "Charlie wishes the boys lots of luck but he wanted absolutely no involvement. All three sat down amicably and worked out a figure that everyone was happy with. Charlie made it clear in no uncertain terms that that's it for him and the boys now, it's finished."
Pre-sale tickets for the eleven shows went on sale at 9am on 14 November and sold out in minutes. Tickets went on general sale the following morning and quickly sold out as well, resulting in the addition of six more concerts in Glasgow, Bournemouth, London, Birmingham, Cardiff and Manchester. Another four dates were then added on 17 November, bringing the tour to 20 dates. Since then, the tour has increased to a total 34 dates throughout April–June 2014. It comprises dates in Glasgow, Liverpool, Bournemouth, London, Newcastle, Nottingham, Leeds, Birmingham, Sheffield, Cardiff, Manchester, Brighton, Dublin and Belfast. Due to high demand, a section called the OMFG! Zone has been made available across their UK tour (excluding Bournemouth and Brighton). This area is sectioned off from the rest of the venue and is the closest to the stage. There is also opportunity to upgrade from standard tickets to the OMFG! Zone at ticket outlets.
From opening night until 10 May, the support acts were Young Brando and EofE (both British 4-piece bands) and The 3 Dudes (an American 3-piece band). From 11 May onwards, Hollywood Ending (another 5-piece American band) replaced The 3 Dudes, and Vix (female fronted band) replaced Young Brando. 5ive also opened up for the band in June.
Recordings and broadcasts
At the 25 April show at The O2 Arena, the band revealed that the show will be recorded and released on DVD and Blu-ray later in the year. On 10 September, it was announced that a McBusted concert film Tourplay would be released exclusively through Vue Cinemas on 28 October for one day. Both Tourplay and McBusted: Live at The O2 was released on 24 November 2014.
Concerts following tour
On 6 July 2014, McBusted headlined Hyde Park, where they were supported by the Backstreet Boys, Scouting for Girls and dance troupe Diversity. The band also supported One Direction at a stadium show in Paris on 21 June.
|UK and Ireland|
|17 April 2014||Glasgow||Scotland||SSE Hydro|
|18 April 2014|
|19 April 2014||Liverpool||England||Echo Arena Liverpool|
|21 April 2014||Bournemouth||Windsor Hall|
|22 April 2014|
|24 April 2014||London||The O2 Arena|
|25 April 2014|
|26 April 2014|
|28 April 2014||Newcastle||Metro Radio Arena|
|29 April 2014||Nottingham||Capital FM Arena Nottingham|
|30 April 2014||Leeds||First Direct Arena|
|2 May 2014||Birmingham||LG Arena|
|3 May 2014|
|4 May 2014||Sheffield||Motorpoint Arena Sheffield|
|6 May 2014||Cardiff||Wales||Motorpoint Arena Cardiff|
|7 May 2014|
|9 May 2014||Manchester||England||Phones 4u Arena $2,351,790 35,123 / 37,908|
|10 May 2014|
|11 May 2014|
|13 May 2014||Liverpool||Echo Arena Liverpool|
|15 May2014||Glasgow||Scotland||SSE Hydro|
|16 May 2014|
|17 May 2014||Birmingham||England||LG Arena|
|19 May 2014||Sheffield||Motorpoint Arena Sheffield|
|20 May 2014||Nottingham||Capital FM Arena Nottingham|
|21 May 2014||Newcastle||Metro Radio Arena|
|23 May 2014||Cardiff||Wales||Motorpoint Arena Cardiff|
|24 May 2014||Brighton||England||Brighton Centre|
|25 May 2014|
|27 May 2014||Birmingham||LG Arena|
|28 May 2014||Bournemouth||Windsor Hall|
|29 May 2014|
|31 May 2014||Belfast||Northern Ireland||Odyssey Arena|
|1 June 2014|
|2 June 2014||Dublin||Ireland||The O2|
|27 June 2014||Scarborough||England||Scarborough Open Air Theatre|
|28 June 2014||Weston-super-Mare||Weston Beach|
|29 June 2014||Ipswich||Chantry Park|
- "Air Hostess"
- "Crash & Burn/You Said No"
- "Who's David?"
- "5 Colours in Her Hair"
- "Sleeping with the Light On"
- "Star Girl"
- "Room on the 3rd Floor"
- "Thunderbirds Are Go"
- "I Want You Back" (The Jackson 5 cover)
- "Shine a Light"
- "What I Go to School For"
- Corner, Lewis (20 September 2013). "Busted join McFly on stage at Royal Albert Hall show – video". Digital Spy. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- McGeorge, Alistair (11 November 2013). "McBusted: McFly and Busted become supergroup 2014 tour dates for supergroup". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- Giles, Kayleigh (17 November 2013). "Phew! McBusted Add More Dates To Sellout Tour Amid Phenomenal Demand". EntertainmentWise. Retrieved 23 February 2014.
- Lee, Ann (14 November 2013). "McBusted pre-sale tickets: McFly and Busted fans left disappointed on Twitter after 2014 tour sell out". Metro. Retrieved 23 February 2014.
- Wilson, Jess (15 November 2013). "McBusted add SIX more dates to their tour". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 15 November 2013.
- Wood, Lucy (15 November 2013). "McBusted add six extra dates, and then another three, to their UK tour due to high demand as arenas sell out in minutes". sugarscape.com. Retrieved 23 February 2014.
- Balfe, John (25 November 2013). "Get ready, Ireland: McBusted will be in you this summer". entertainment.ie. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- "McBusted announce Belfast and Dublin dates". The News Letter. 25 November 2013. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- Corner, Lewis (12 September 2014). "Watch McBusted's concert film TOURPLAY trailer". Digital Spy. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Countdown to the release of McBusted's new DVD! Danny Jones tells us about his lyric mix up". Heat. 24 November 2014. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park McBusted". Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- "McBusted will support One Direction on Where We Are stadium tour". AXS. 23 March 2014. Retrieved 26 April 2014.
- Laggs, Michael (14 November 2013). "McBusted tickets on sale now for McFly and Busted's 2014 tour". Gigwise. Giant Digital. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "McFly And Busted Extend McBusted 2014 UK Arena Tour". Capital FM. Global Group. 29 November 2013. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- Coombes, Samantha (4 December 2013). "McBusted add another date to 2014 UK arena tour". Gigwise. Giant Digital. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "McBusted Setlist". Retrieved 26 April 2014.