McCall Creek, Mississippi
|McCall Creek, Mississippi|
|Elevation||289 ft (88 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Area code(s)||601 & 769|
|GNIS feature ID||673288|
McCall Creek is an unincorporated community in Franklin County, Mississippi. It is located in eastern Franklin County, approximately two miles west of the Franklin-Lincoln County line, and is traversed by U.S. Route 84.
The community was founded by European Americans in the early 1900s and was named for the McCall family, early settlers. In 1911, the community was incorporated as the village of McCall. The village had a recorded population of 140 at the 1920 census and 169 in 1930. Thereafter, the community reverted to unincorporated status.
Today, McCall Creek has a store and sawmill. Although it is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 39647. With the widening of Highway 84 from two lanes to four, the store was demolished. The additional two lanes went in north of the existing two-lane road.
- Jamie Collins, professional football player.
- Oscar Lofton, professional football player and coach.
- "McCall Creek, Mississippi". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Zip Code Lookup
- "Jamie Collins". CBS Interactive. Retrieved February 2014. Check date values in:
- "Oscar W. Lofton". OldestLivingProFootball.com. Retrieved February 2014. Check date values in:
|This Mississippi location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|