McClain in 2011
|Also known as||
|Origin||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
McClain (formerly 3McClainGirls and McClain Sisters) is an American Pop and R&B girl group. Formed in Atlanta, Georgia, United States, in 2004, the group consists of sisters China Anne McClain, Sierra McClain, and Lauryn McClain. They signed with Hollywood and released the debut single "Go" November 2, 2012.
Sierra Aylina, Lauryn Alisa and China Anne McClain grew up watching Disney films such as Pocahontas and musical classics such as The Wiz, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory and Annie. In 2004 the sisters became interested in music when they watched their father write and produce songs. Soon after, the girls began to write songs, choreograph and dance. In 2005 the sisters were discovered as actresses by a music executive who heard them sing and encouraged director Rob Hardy to audition China for his 2005 feature film The Gospel alongside Boris Kodjoe and Idris Elba. China played the character Alexis and her sisters were in the supporting cast. Also in 2005, the sisters became more serious about a musical career and formed their first group, the 3McClainGirls. They recorded their first song, "Silly Games". The song was produced by Michael McClain and Larry Nix and written by Shontell McClain. In 2006 China joined the main cast of Tyler Perry's House of Payne and Sierra made guest appearances. In 2007 the group starred in the comedy-drama film Daddy's Little Girls as the James sisters. In 2008 the group recorded the song "Daddy's Girls", inspired by the movie, and released it exclusively on Myspace. In 2009 and 2010 the 3McClainGirls didn't work as a group, because Sierra and China were focusing on acting careers.
In 2011 the group changed their name to McClain Sisters. On June 14, 2011, the group signed with Hollywood Records. They performed a new song called "Rise" at the Mall of America on March 11, 2012. Written by the McClain Sisters and produced by father Michael "MJ" McClain, it is the lead promotional single for the Disneynature film Chimpanzee. The song was released on the iTunes Store on March 23, 2012. The video premiered on March 25, 2012 during an episode of Austin & Ally. It was also a featured song for Disney's Friends for Change. The music video later premiered online on March 26, 2012. On November 2, 2012, the McClain Sisters premiered their debut single "Go" and performed it on November 23, 2012 during the episode "chANTs of a lifetime" from the Disney Channel Original Series A.N.T. Farm, in which China plays the main character. In 2013, it was revealed that the McClain Sisters had parted ways with Hollywood Records. On December 6, 2013, the McClains announced a new single to be off their upcoming album, called "He Loves Me". The official lyric video for the song was released on their YouTube page on December 14, 2013. The song then became available on iTunes on February 20, 2014. Later that year (by December), McClain released a Christmas song called "The Holiday Song".
The sisters are known for their "family-friendly" image. Their father, Michael McClain, is a music producer, writer, musician, vocalist and sound engineer and produced the debut album of Beyoncé's younger sister, Solange Knowles. McClain's mother, Shontell McClain, is also a vocalist, musician and songwriter. The sisters were born in Atlanta, Georgia, and reside in Los Angeles, California with their family.
|"He Loves Me"||2014|
(featuring Tiff Mic)
|"The Great Divide"||Disney Fairies: Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust|
|"The Holiday Song"||2014||Non-album single|
|"Perfect Mistake"||2011||A.N.T. Farm|
|"Jingle Bell Rock"||2012||Disney Channel Holiday Playlist|
|"Sharp As a Razor"||2013||Shake It Up: I <3 Dance|
|"The Great Divide"||N/A|
- Opening act
- "Sierra, Lauryn & China Anne McClain". Filmbug.com. March 22, 2012.
- "McClain notes on Lionsgate". lionsgatepublicity.com. March 22, 2012.
- "Disney Channel Bio – China Anne McClain". Disney Channel Medianet. Archived from the original on November 28, 2011.
- "3McClainGirls Music". OV Guide. Archived from the original on November 28, 2011.
- "3mcclaingirls! Daddy's Girl". Allmusic. Archived from the original on November 28, 2011.
- "3mcclaingirls Official Myspace". Myspace. Archived from the original on November 28, 2011.
- "MCCLAIN SISTERS SIGN WITH HOLLYWOOD RECORDS". Black Celeb Kids. June 14, 2011.
- "China Anne McClain and McClain Sisters Performance and Singing". Mall of America. March 22, 2012.
- "Music – Go - iTunes United States". iTunes Store (US). Apple. Retrieved September 26, 2012.
- "China Anne McClain And The McClain Sisters Releasing "He Loves Me" Single | Disney Dreaming". 2014-10-25. Archived from the original on October 25, 2014.
- mcclainsisters (2013-12-14), He Loves Me- Lyric Video, retrieved 2016-06-13
- "China Anne McClain Bio". kidzworld.com. Retrieved September 26, 2012.
- "Biography of China". chinaanne.net. Retrieved September 26, 2012.
- "He Loves Me – Single by McClain". iTunes Store (US). Apple. Retrieved September 26, 2012.
- "MEMORY LANE: THESE GIRLS HAD NO TIME FOR "SILLY GAMES"". Young Black Stars. Retrieved May 13, 2010.
- "3mcclaingirls! – Daddy's Girl". iTunes. Retrieved May 13, 2010.
- "Rise – Single by McClain". iTunes Store (US). Apple. Retrieved September 26, 2012.
- "The Great Divide – Single by McClain". iTunes Store (US). Apple. Retrieved September 26, 2012.
- "The Holiday Song - Single". iTunes Store (US). Apple. Retrieved September 26, 2012.
- "THE MCCLAIN SISTERS TAKE TO THE STAGE". blackcelebkids.com. May 13, 2010. Retrieved May 13, 2010.