McClellan Township, Jefferson County, Illinois
Location in Jefferson County
Jefferson County's location in Illinois
|• Total||35.69 sq mi (92.4 km2)|
|• Land||35.64 sq mi (92.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.05 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.14%|
|Elevation||430 ft (131 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||1,246|
|• Density||35.2/sq mi (13.6/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62816, 62864, 62894, 62898|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.69 square miles (92.4 km2), of which 35.64 square miles (92.3 km2) (or 99.86%) is land and 0.05 square miles (0.13 km2) (or 0.14%) is water. The township is centered at 38°15'N 88°59'W (38.258,-89.986). It is traversed north-south by Interstate Route 57, from it to the east by Interstate 64 and from I-57 to the southwest by State Route 148.
Cities, towns, villages
- Marcoe at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Shiloh Township (north)
- Dodds Township (east)
- Elk Prairie Township (south)
- Bald Hill Township (southwest)
- Blissville Township (west)
- Casner Township (northwest)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Black, Rightnower, South Hickory Hill and Wolf Prairie.
The township contains several churches including:
- South Hickory Hill Christian Church
- West Long Prairie Christian Church
- Marcoe Church
- Antioch Missionary Baptist Church
- Waltonville Community Unit School District 1
- McClellan Community Consolidated School District 12
- Mt. Vernon Township High School
- Rend Lake Junior College
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 107
- State Senate District 54
- "McClellan Township, Jefferson County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.