McDade Independent School District
The district had its own high school until the 1920s after a fire destroyed its designated building. Until circa 2016 the district sent its high school students to the Elgin Independent School District, and to the Bastrop Independent School District.
The district had 245 students enrolled in fall 2015.
In the summer of 2016 the district had 330 students scheduled to attend beginning in the fall. The high school was scheduled to re-open, for the first time in many years, on August 23, 2016 with grades 7-10. As of 2016[update] the school uses the athletic property of TRIBE Consolidated Athletics as its home American football stadium since McDade ISD had not yet built its own football facilities. Students may take university-level classes at Temple College. The first principal of McDade High is Paul Smith; As of 2016[update] he also serves as the high school's athletic director.
- "Schools." McDade Independent School District. Retrieved on January 22, 2017.
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2015-10-25.
- Jette, Lauren (2016-08-12). "McDade ISD welcomes students to new high school". Elgin Courier. Retrieved 2017-01-22.
- Kleiner, Dan (2016-02-23). "McDade high school approves principal, curriculum". Elgin Courier. Retrieved 2017-01-22.
- Finney, Patty (2014-11-25). "For growth options...McDade Trustees consider adding high school". Elgin Courier. Retrieved 2017-01-22.