|Current region||Connecticut and New York, U.S.|
|Place of origin||County Galway, Ireland|
|Connected members||Jess McMahon|
Vincent J. McMahon
The McMahon family is a prominent Irish-American family, primarily known for their involvement in the professional wrestling business. They are the founders, owners, and promoters of the world's largest wrestling company, World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). Vince McMahon - a third generation wrestling promoter - is the chairman and CEO of the company. McMahon joined his father's regional wrestling company in 1972 and purchased the promotion 10 years later. He went on to transform the then World Wrestling Federation from a regional operation into a global organization. WWF (now called WWE) went public in 1999 and today its programs are broadcast in around 150 countries and more than 30 languages. The company has also branched out into movie production and - separate to WWE - American football, with two incarnations of the XFL.
The dynasty began when Jess McMahon, who was descended from the McMahon family of Western Ireland, began promoting wrestling shows in 1915. He died in 1954. His son, Vincent J. McMahon, formed the Capitol Wrestling Corporation in 1953, which would subsequently be renamed twice during his tenure (as the World Wide Wrestling Federation, and then the World Wrestling Federation). Vince Sr. had two wives, Victoria Askew and Juanita Johnston, with the former still living today. When he retired in 1982, his son from his first marriage, Vince McMahon, purchased the business and currently serves as chairman and chief executive officer of the company, now known as World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (WWE) since 2002 and Alpha Entertainment, LLC since 2017.
Vince and Linda's children are Shane and Stephanie. Shane is married to Marissa Mazzola, and Stephanie is married to Paul Levesque, better known by his wrestling moniker Triple H. Stephanie and Paul have three daughters named Aurora Rose, Murphy Claire, and Vaughn Evelyn. Shane and Marissa have three sons, Declan James, Kenyon Jesse, and Rogan Henry. Linda would step down as CEO to run for United States Senate in Connecticut. Their son, Shane also eventually departed WWE at the beginning of 2010 to become Chairman and Principal executive officer of You on Demand Inc, a New York City based company with its primary business in China, but he would return to WWE in 2016 as an on screen talent. Vince, Stephanie, and Shane are the only three members born into the McMahon family working under the brand as of 2016, although every member holds a collective 90% of WWE stock through WWE's Class B shares, which the family controls completely. As of June 2016, the WWE has a USD market cap of over $1.38 billion.
In December 2016, Linda was nominated to be the Administrator of the Small Business Administration by President Donald Trump, and served from 2017 to 2019.
|Roderick James "Jess" McMahon|
|Rose E. Davis|
|Victoria H. Askew|
|Vincent James McMahon|
|Juanita W. Johnston|
|Vincent Kennedy McMahon|
|Linda Marie Edwards|
|Paul Michael Levesque|
|Shane Brandon McMahon|
|Aurora Rose Levesque|
|Murphy Claire Levesque|
|Vaughn Evelyn Levesque|
|Declan James McMahon|
|Kenyon Jess McMahon|
|Rogan Henry McMahon|
McMahon job titles
This section does not cite any sources. (June 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Vince McMahon Chairman of WWE; Founder, owner of Alpha Entertainment
- Linda McMahon – Former SBA Administrator
- Stephanie McMahon – Chief Brand Officer of WWE; WWE board member
- Shane McMahon – Chairman and principal executive officer of Seven Stars Cloud Group, Inc; Minority owner of WWE
- "Vincent McMahon". Forbes.com.
- "Vince McMahon, Sr. biography". WWE. Archived from the original on 2008-03-29. Retrieved 2008-06-04.
- Hornbaker, Tim (2007). National Wrestling Alliance: The Untold Story of the Monopoly That Strangled Professional Wrestling. ECW Press. ISBN 978-1-55022-741-3.
- Nation, Ryan (2007-08-22). "Anyone for tennis? Mr. McMahon!". CANOE. Retrieved 2008-06-04.
- Petrie, John (1998-01-19). "WWF Raw recap". The Other Arena. Archived from the original on 2001-05-21. Retrieved 2008-06-04.
- "Alpha Entertainment LLC". alphaentllc.com. Retrieved 2019-03-04.
- "WWE'S Linda McMahon Resigns to Run for U.S. Senate" (PDF) (Press release). World Wrestling Entertainment. September 16, 2009. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-10-07. Retrieved 2009-09-16.
- "Vince McMahon biography". IGN. Archived from the original on 2007-11-16. Retrieved 2008-06-04.
- "Linda McMahon biography". WWE. Archived from the original on 2009-04-16. Retrieved 2008-06-04.
- "Shane McMahon biography". NNDB. Retrieved 2008-06-04.
- "It's a girl". WWE. 2006-07-24. Retrieved 2008-06-04.
- "WWE 12.31.13 10K Doc". www.sec.gov.
- "Senate confirmation vote PN48". February 14, 2017. Retrieved 2017-02-14.
- "Vince J. McMahon memorial". Find a Grave. Retrieved 2008-06-04.
- "Juanita W. McMahon". Genealogy Bank. Retrieved 2009-03-20.
- "Stephanie McMahon profile". Online World Of Wrestling. Retrieved 2008-06-04.
- John Milner and Jason Clevett (2004-12-05). "Triple H biography". CANOE. Retrieved 2008-06-04.
- "Marissa Mazzola profile". Online World Of Wrestling. Retrieved 2018-05-24.
- "Stephanie McMahon gives birth to second child". IGN. 2008-07-28. Archived from the original on 2008-08-05. Retrieved 2008-07-28.