McMaster University Bus Terminal
|Location||McMaster University, Hamilton, ON|
|Station code||GO Transit: MCUV|
|Opened||April 5, 2007|
McMaster University GO Bus Terminal is located on the campus of McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, between the Mary E. Keyes Residence and H.G. Thode Library. GO Transit has exclusive use of this terminal.
McMaster University has become a major destination for GO bus services, and ridership is now comparable to some GO train stations. The new accessible terminal, which opened on April 5, 2007, includes five bus bays, three heated shelters, and large platforms. The terminal will easily be able to handle an increase in the current rate of more than 2,000 rides per day.
GO Bus services
- 1 - Hamilton GO Centre (westbound route 47)
- 2 - Aldershot "train meet" connection (route 15/15A eastbound) to Lakeshore West GO Train service
- 2 - Brantford "train meet" connection (route 15 westbound)
- 3 - Route 47F to York University
- 4 - Square One/Bramalea Express (routes 47A & 47B)
- 5 - Hwy 407 to York University Bus Loop (eastbound route 47)
Other bus services
Hamilton Street Railway
- 1/1A - King
- 5/52 - Delaware
- 10/10A - Beeline Express (weekday service only)
- 51 - University (no Sunday or holiday service)
Coach Canada provides services between Hamilton & Guelph, and Hamilton & Cambridge/Kitchener/Waterloo University which stop at two McMaster locations; on Main Street at Bowman Street, and beside the Mary Keyes Residence.
Greyhound offers direct service between McMaster and London, Ingersoll, Woodstock, Paris and Brantford. Additional routes bypass the campus and serve the downtown Hamilton GO Centre. The Greyhound bus stop on campus is beside the Mary Keyes Residence.
- Ontario Ministry of Transportation, Press Release, 2007/04/05
- GO Transit page for McMaster University GO Bus Terminal
- HSR Transit Guide
- Coach Canada, Hamilton services, September 14, 2007