Location of McMillan, Wisconsin
|• Total||34.4 sq mi (89.0 km2)|
|• Land||34.1 sq mi (88.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.5 km2)|
|Elevation||1,260 ft (384 m)|
|• Density||57/sq mi (22/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Area code(s)||715 & 534|
|GNIS feature ID||1583623|
McMillan is a town in Marathon County, Wisconsin, United States. It is part of the Wausau, Wisconsin Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 1,968 at the 2010 census. The unincorporated community of McMillan is located in the town. A section of the Mead Wildlife Area is also located in the town.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 34.4 square miles (89.0 km2), of which 34.1 square miles (88.4 km2) is land and 0.19 square miles (0.5 km2), or 0.59%, is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,790 people, 611 households, and 521 families residing in the town. The population density was 52.0 people per square mile (20.1/km²). There were 631 housing units at an average density of 18.3 per square mile (7.1/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 98.10% White, 0.11% African American, 0.34% Native American, 1.12% Asian, and 0.34% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.17% of the population.
There were 611 households out of which 45.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 78.2% were married couples living together, 4.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 14.6% were non-families. 12.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 5.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.93 and the average family size was 3.20.
In the town, the population was spread out with 30.0% under the age of 18, 5.6% from 18 to 24, 27.5% from 25 to 44, 28.9% from 45 to 64, and 8.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39 years. For every 100 females there were 101.6 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 101.8 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $59,342, and the median income for a family was $62,400. Males had a median income of $35,688 versus $27,214 for females. The per capita income for the town was $27,161. About 1.1% of families and 2.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 1.9% of those under age 18 and 6.2% of those age 65 or over.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): McMillan town, Marathon County, Wisconsin". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved September 17, 2012.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): McMillan town, Marathon County, Wisconsin". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved September 17, 2012.
- 'Wisconsin Blue Book 1931, Biographical Sketch of Ben Lang, pg. 228