McMinnville High School
|McMinnville High School|
|615 NE 15th Street
McMinnville, Oregon, Yamhill County 97128
|School district||McMinnville School District|
|Number of students||2072|
|Color(s)||Red, black, and white |
|Athletics conference||OSAA Greater Valley Conference 6A-5|
Prior to 1876, high school students in the McMinnville area attended school at McMinnville College. From 1876 to 1910, McMinnville offered a two-year high school education through the Cook School (a single schoolhouse incorporating all grades). High school students took courses on the top floor of the building. The current four-year high school program was adopted in fall 1910 with the opening of McMinnville High School. It is to this school that the current McMinnville High School traces its lineage.
The oldest wing of the current high school opened in 1956, and has since been remodeled ten times to accommodate the growing student population of McMinnville, Oregon. The building was most recently remodeled in 2009.
Engineering and Aerospace Sciences Academy
Engineering and Aerospace Sciences Academy (EASA) is a specialized program at McMinnville High School that offers students specialized courses in engineering and aerospace science. Students are instructed by engineers and technicians who lecture, serve as resources for student research, and work with students on a variety of real and simulated technical problems and projects.
- Boys' swimming: 1997, 1998, 2002
- Girls' swimming: 1957, 2003, 2004
- Girls' track and field: 1996
- Boys' soccer: 2006
- Boys basketball: 1979 (led by future NBA player Charlie Sitton)
- Girls' tennis: 1955, 1956, 1957
- "Fast Facts". msd.k12.or.us.
- "McMinnville". osaa.org.
- "Celebrating A Century - Or Not?". Yamhill County News Register. December 28, 2010.
- "Mac High to show off new space". August 29, 2009.
- "I Would Only Rob Banks for My Family"; article; Skip Hollandsworth; June 2014 issue; Texas Monthly; accessed May 2014
- "State releases high school graduation rates". The Oregonian. June 30, 2009. Retrieved July 1, 2009.
- "Oregon dropout rates for 2008". The Oregonian. June 30, 2009. Retrieved July 1, 2009.
- "McMinnville High School:Engineering and Aerospace Sciences Academy". McMinnville School District. Retrieved January 20, 2011.
- "OSAA Boys Soccer Championship" (PDF). Oregon School Activities Association. Retrieved June 23, 2008.
- "OSAA Boys Basketball Championship" (PDF). Oregon School Activities Association. Retrieved June 23, 2008.
- "OSAA Girls Team Tennis Championship" (PDF). Oregon School Activities Association. Retrieved June 23, 2008.
|This Oregon school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|