McNaughton Park Trail Runs
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (August 2007)|
The McNaughton Park Trail Runs, over distances of 50, 100 and 150 miles (240 km), is an annual ultramarathon running event held in Pekin, Illinois each spring on a rugged, ten-mile (16 km) loop course. All three races are run concurrently. The 100-mile (160 km) ultra is the only one held in Illinois. The 150-mile (240 km) ultra, first held in 2007, is the only 150-mile (240 km) race in the United States. As of 2007, the current race director is Andy Weinberg. 2009 will be the last year that Andy Weinberg directs this race.
The loop course is primarily a single lane footpath, through natural countryside including forests and meadows. Each ten-mile (16 km) loop provides approximately 1,600 feet (490 m) of elevation gain.
The next edition will take place April 10-12, 2009. A thirty mile run, part of the event through 2006, was replaced by a 150-mile (240 km) option beginning in 2007.
- 30 Mile (no longer held): Paul Stofko 3:58:18 2005
- 50 Mile: Eric Grossman 6:52:34 2004
- 100 Mile: Karl Meltzer 17:40:13 2007
- 150 Mile: David Goggins 33:36:20 2008
- 30 Mile (no longer held): Ellen Erhardt 4:35:34 2004
- 50 Mile: Jane Moser Cox 9:28:01 2005
- 100 Mile: Tracy Thomas 23:27:26 2006
- 150 Mile: Charlotte Vasarhelyi 46:21:29 2008
- McNaughtonParkTrailruns.com - Official web site