McPherson Township, Sherman County, Kansas
- Stateline Township — north
- Lincoln Township — northeast
- Smoky Township — east
- Sharon Springs Township, Wallace County — southeast
- Weskan Township, Wallace County — southwest
Kit Carson County lies across the Colorado border to the west.
Only local roads are located in McPherson Township.
As an active township, McPherson Township is governed by a three-member board, composed of the township trustee, the township treasurer, and the township clerk. The trustee acts as the township executive.
- "Subcounty population estimates: Kansas 2000-2007" (CSV). United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2009-03-18. Retrieved 2009-03-23.
- Detailed Kansas map, United States Census Bureau, 2000. Accessed 2009-03-23.
- DeLorme. Kansas Atlas & Gazetteer. 4th ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2009, p. 28. ISBN 0-89933-342-7.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: McPherson Township, Sherman County, Kansas
- §80-301 and §80-505, Kansas Statutes. Accessed 2009-03-23.