Meadview looking east to Grand Wash Cliffs
|Elevation||2,986 ft (910 m)|
|• Total||approx. 1,500|
|Time zone||MST (no DST) (UTC-7)|
|GNIS feature ID||0043037|
Meadview is an unincorporated community in Mohave County, Arizona, United States, located near Lake Mead. Despite its name, the townsite does not overlook the lake; a ridge to the west of town separates it from the lake. It has roughly 1500 residents. It was founded in the 1960s as a retirement community.
Meadview is the community of license for five broadcast translator television stations and one translator radio station. The TV stations rebroadcast Phoenix stations, and are owned by Mohave County. The radio station is privately owned and rebroadcasts a radio station from Redding, California via satellite. Meadview is also within range of the major television and radio stations from Las Vegas, Nevada.
Broadcast media licensed to Meadview:
- K23DK - translator of KPNX 12 Phoenix (NBC)
- K25DH - translator of KTVK-TV 3 Phoenix (Ind)
- K36FZ - translator of KAET 8 Phoenix (PBS)
- K38GR - translator of KNXV-TV 15 Phoenix (ABC)
- K47HE - translator of KPHO-TV 5 Phoenix (CBS)
- K215DJ 90.9 - translator of KVIP-FM 98.1 Redding CA (Contemporary Christian)
- KVGS 107.9 - alternative rock station serving Las Vegas, licensed to Meadview.
|This Arizona state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|