|Meagan A. Flynn|
|104th Associate Justice of the Oregon Supreme Court|
Assumed office |
April 1, 2017
|Appointed by||Kate Brown|
|Preceded by||Richard C. Baldwin|
|Judge of the Oregon Court of Appeals|
October 31, 2014 – March 31, 2017
|Appointed by||John Kitzhaber|
|Preceded by||Robert Wollheim|
|Born||July 1967 (age 51)|
Gonzaga University (J.D.)
Meagan A. Flynn (born July 1967) is an American judge who is an associate justice of the Oregon Supreme Court. She previously served as a judge on the Oregon Court of Appeals from 2014 to 2017. Flynn was appointed to the state’s supreme court by the Governor of Oregon Kate Brown in March 2017.
Flynn graduated high school from the Holy Names Academy in Seattle in 1985. She completed a bachelor's degree at Willamette University in 1989, and a law degree at Gonzaga University School of Law in 1992. Flynn clerked for the Oregon Court of Appeals in 1992-1994, for judges Robert D. Durham and Rick Haselton.
Flynn worked as an attorney in private practice in Portland, Oregon, specializing in torts, employment, and insurance law. She was an associate at Pozzi Wilson Atchison from 1994 to 1999, and was a partner at Preston Bunnell & Flynn from 1999 to 2014.
Flynn specialized in appellate advocacy before Oregon’s appellate courts and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. She also served on the executive committee of the Oregon Law Institute and chaired the Oregon State Bar Appellate Practice Section.
The Governor of Oregon John Kitzhaber announced the appointment of Meagan Flynn as a state judge on the Oregon Court of Appeals, Position 7, on September 25, 2014. She succeeded Robert Wollheim, who retired from the court on October 31, 2014. Flynn was re-elected to the appeals court in November 2016.
Governor Kate Brown appointed Flynn to the Oregon Supreme Court in 2017, to replace justice Richard C. Baldwin, who retired on March 31, 2017. Justice Flynn’s term ends in January 2019, and she is eligible to run for re-election in November 2018, for a new six-year term.
- Green, Aimee (March 31, 2017). "Governor Appoints New Justice to Oregon Supreme Court". Oregon Live.
- Flynn, Mike (November 18, 2015). "Reflecting on the Memories of Daughter's Route from College to Court of Appeals Judge". Flynn’s Harp.
- Johnson, Joce (September 25, 2014). "Governor Makes New Appointment to Court of Appeals". Statesman Journal.
- Oregon State Bar. "Oregon State Bar Judicial Voters Guide 2016" (PDF).
- Oregon Judicial Department. "Judge Bios: Meagan Flynn".
- Oregon Secretary of State. "May 17, 2016, Primary Election Abstract of Votes" (PDF).
Richard C. Baldwin
| Associate Justice of the Oregon Supreme Court