Meaghers Grant, Nova Scotia
Meaghers Grant is a rural community in the Musquodoboit Valley region of the eastern Halifax Regional Municipality Nova Scotia on Route 357 . The community is located on the Musquodoboit River and the economy is mainly farming and forestry. It is approximately 45 minutes away from Halifax, the province's capital city. The River Oaks Golf course is located there.
Meagher's Grant was land owned by Captain Martin Meagher (pronounced Mar) in the 18th century. John Dunbrack was the first person to build a frame house in the Meagher's Grant area, and he and his wife were granted Gibraltar, an area south of Meagher's Grant by Captain Martin Meagher in 1786.
- Meaghers Grant Fire Hall
- River Oaks Golf Course and Lodge
- Old Mechanical Garage (Previous owner: Weldon Cole)
- Meaghers Grant United Church
- Meaghers Grant Community Hall
||Wyses Corner, Nova Scotia
Via Wyse Rd.
To Route 212
|Elderbank, Nova Scotia
Middle Musquodoboit, Nova Scotia
Via Route 357
|Gibraltar, Nova Scotia
Musquodoboit Harbour, Nova Scotia
Via Route 357
To Trunk 7
- Reid, Jennie. "Musquodoboit Pioneers: A Record of Seventy Families, Their Homesteads and Genealogies 1780 - 1980". Nova Scotia GenWeb Project. Retrieved 11 February 2013.
|This Halifax County, Nova Scotia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|