|Part of a series on|
|Components and courses|
Meal preparation, sometimes called meal prep, is the process of planning and preparing meals.
Sometimes meal preparation involves preparing meals ahead of time for a short or period of time. This practice may occur among people who desire to lose weight, gain muscle mass, or maintain a healthy lifestyle. Advance preparation can serve to standardize food portions. Meals preparation are fully cooked. Meals may be prepared in small containers such as Tupperware, and are sometimes labeled and dated to remain organised.
- List of cooking techniques
- Meal delivery service
- Microwave oven
- Outline of food preparation
- Quarantine mealprep
- Food portal
- Pare, J. (2000). Make-Ahead Meals. Company's Coming. Company's Coming Publishing, Limited. ISBN 978-1-895455-72-4. Retrieved May 6, 2015. 157 pages.
- "A Beginner's Guide to Once a Week Food Prep + 20 Starter Recipes and Meal Prep Ideas - Organize Yourself Skinny". Organize Yourself Skinny. 2014-10-24. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
|Look up mealprep in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- Foods and Meal Preparation
- Kitchen Afloat
- Meal Preparation as a Family Therapy Intervention
- A Guide to Meal Management and Table Services' 2004 Ed.
- Planning Related to Meal Preparation
- Space Allowances for Meal Preparation and Service in the Southern Rural Home
- "A Value-Added Approach to Household Production: The Special Case of Meal Preparation". jstor.
- Ortiz, Bonnie; MacDonald, Maurice; Ackerman, Norleen; Goebel, Karen (1981). "The Effect of Homemakers' Employment on Meal Preparation Time, Meals at Home, and Meals Away from Home". Home Economics Research Journal. 9 (3): 200–206. doi:10.1177/1077727X8100900303.
- Candel, M.J.J.M. (February 2001). "Consumers' convenience orientation towards meal preparation: conceptualization and measurement". Appetite. 36 (1): 15–28. doi:10.1006/appe.2000.0364. PMID 11161342.
- Jiang, Irene. "This online calculator shows you exactly how much food your household needs to buy to last a 14-day quarantine". Business Insider. Retrieved 2020-05-07.
- Chan, Kaitlin. "How to Meal-Prep for Self-Quarantine". The New Yorker. Retrieved 2020-05-07.