Meat pie Western
Meat pie Western is an American Western-style movie or TV series set in the Australian outback. It is a play on the expression "spaghetti Western". The terms is used to differentiate more Americanised Australian films from those with a more historical basis, such as ones about bushrangers.
Another expression is "Kangaroo western".
- Rangle River (1936)
- Captain Fury (1939)
- The Kangaroo Kid (1950)
- Kangaroo (1952)
- The Phantom Stockman (1953)
- Shadow of the Boomerang (1960) - a Christian variation
- Whiplash (1960–61) - TV series
- Raw Deal (1977)
- The Man from Snowy River (1982)
- Five Mile Creek (1983–85) - TV series
- Quigley Down Under (1991)
- The Proposition (2005)
- Australia (2008)
- Eric Reade, History and heartburn: the saga of Australian film, 1896-1978, Fairleigh Dickinson Univ Press, 1979 p 294
- "HOLLYWOOD." The Australian Women's Weekly 4 Nov 1981: 157 accessed 28 Dec 2011
- Andrew Pike and Ross Cooper, Australian Film 1900–1977: A Guide to Feature Film Production, Melbourne: Oxford University Press, 1998, p 310
- "RIDE TH COUN HE HIGH NTRY.". Filmnews (Sydney, NSW : 1975 - 1995). Sydney, NSW: National Library of Australia. 1 September 1982. p. 8. Retrieved 24 December 2015.
|This film genre–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Australia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|