Shake It Up (season 1)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Shake It Up (season 1)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||21|
|Original network||Disney Channel|
|Original release||November 7, 2010– August 21, 2011|
The first season of Shake It Up aired on Disney Channel from November 7, 2010 to August 21, 2011. The series revolves around two best friends, Rocky Blue (Zendaya) and CeCe Jones (Bella Thorne) as they try to deal with the cons of being on the most famous TV show Shake It Up, Chicago. Throughout the series, they try to keep their head in the game when it comes to school, babysitting, and being on time and prepared to perform on the show. This season filmed from July 2010 to March 2011. The pilot episode was filmed in February 2010.
The first season consisted of 21 episodes. Bella Thorne and Zendaya appear in all of them. Davis Cleveland was absent for two episodes, Adam Irigoyen was absent for three, Roshon Fegan was absent for four and Kenton Duty was absent for nine.
Two best friends, Rocky Blue (Zendaya) and CeCe Jones (Bella Thorne) become dancing stars on their favorite show Shake It Up, Chicago with the help of Rocky's older brother, Ty (Roshon Fegan) and the girl's closest friend Deuce Martinez (Adam Irigoyen). Besides their career, they have to deal with the disadvantages of being on the show, such as keeping up with school, watching out for CeCe's younger brother, Flynn (Davis Cleveland), and dealing with other issues that involves with the show. They also deal with their competing frenemies, Gunther and Tinka Hessenheffer (Kenton Duty and Caroline Sunshine), who seems to usually annoy Rocky, CeCe, and the rest of the gang, but they sometimes bond with the group on certain occasions. The opening theme "Shake It Up" is performed by Selena Gomez and is included on the debut soundtrack of the series.
Production and release
The series was announced in late 2009 with casting auditions in October 2009. It was originally titled Dance, Dance Chicago, but it was officially announced on May 21, 2010 that the show was going to be called Shake It Up. Bella Thorne and Zendaya were cast as the female leads and Roshon Fegan from Camp Rock as a co-lead. Production of the series started in July 2010 and ended in March 2011. The series officially premiered on November 7, 2010 after the Hannah Montana one-hour special episode and Disney Channel ordered 21 episodes to roll out throughout the first season.
The debut soundtrack "Shake It Up: Break It Down" was released on July 12, 2011 as a 2 Disc CD + DVD combo and was released in European countries as Shake It Up: Dance Dance. "Shake It Up" was released as the first single from the album on February 15, 2011 and "Watch Me" was re-recorded by Bella Thorne and Zendaya in April 2011 and was later released as the second single on June 21, 2011 with an accompanying music video released on June 17, 2011 during the premiere of A.N.T. Farm.
The opening theme starts with Rocky and CeCe on the front porch doing a dance routine (a clip from the beginning of "Hook It Up"), then showing clips of the cast members that are included in the episodes of the first season, starting off with Zendaya and Bella Thorne, then going in order with Davis Cleveland, Roshon Fegan, Adam Irigoyen, and Kenton Duty. It then shows more various clips of the cast members as it gives credit to the creator of the series, Chris Thompson. A final clip shows Rocky and CeCe doing a small dance routine on the stage of Shake It Up, Chicago with the series title next to them.
- Bella Thorne as CeCe Jones
- Zendaya as Rocky Blue
- Davis Cleveland as Flynn Jones
- Roshon Fegan as Ty Blue
- Adam Irigoyen as Deuce Martinez
- Kenton Duty as Gunther Hessenheffer
- Caroline Sunshine as Tinka Hessenheffer
- R. Brandon Johnson as Gary Wilde
- Anita Barone as Georgia Jones
- Carla Renata as Marcie Blue
- Ainsley Bailey as Dina Garcia
- Buddy Handleson as Henry Dillon
- This season consists of 21 episodes
- Davis Cleveland is absent for two episodes.
- Adam Irigoyen is absent for three episodes.
- Roshon Fegan is absent for four episodes.
- Kenton Duty is absent for nine episodes.
- Caroline Sunshine is a recurring character for this season only. Starting in the second season, she joins the main cast in the opening credits. She is absent eight episodes.
- This season filmed from July 2010 to March 2011.
- The series pilot episode was filmed in February 2010.
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Production
|1||1||"Start It Up"||Shelley Jensen||Chris Thompson||November 7, 2010||101||6.2|
Best friends Rocky Blue (Zendaya) and CeCe Jones (Bella Thorne) audition for the dance show, Shake It Up, Chicago. Rocky and CeCe do a spotlight dance and Rocky makes it in. Unfortunately, CeCe gets stage fright and doesn't make it in. The following morning, Rocky stays in her PJ's and it is CeCe who convinces her to get changed and go on the show. On what is to be her first appearance on the show, Rocky decides she does not want to participate since CeCe did not make it as well. CeCe forces Rocky to show up anyway as it has been their lifelong dream to dance on Shake It Up, Chicago. CeCe accompanies Rocky to the studio and just when Rocky is about to go on she handcuffs herself to CeCe so they both have to dance during the filming of the show. The host, Gary Wilde, sees them dancing and decide that they both have the "it" factor and he keeps both of them on the show.Margaret Durante, "Our Generation" by Sibel Redzep and "All the Way Up" by Alana de Fonseca.
|2||2||"Meatball It Up"||Shelley Jensen||John D. Beck & Ron Hart||November 14, 2010||104||4.1|
Rocky and CeCe get their first paychecks and having their own debit cards. The nice man who gave them their cards promises to be friends with the girls and gives them loads of free things. Rocky and CeCe spend money on themselves instead of Deuce and Ty, so they treat them to The Olive Pit. At the restaurant CeCe and Rocky's cards are overdrawn, resulting them into eating The "Big Fat Heart Attack," spaghetti with a big meatball in order to let all of the orders be free. Meanwhile, Gunther and Tinka are babysitting Flynn and he tricks them into housekeeping and giving him half the pay. Georgia Jones isn't that angry as she loves coming home to clean dishes. At the end of the episode, Gary treats the Cast of Shake It Up, Chicago to a huge lunch from the Olive Pit. When Gary introduces CeCe and Rocky to meatballs, they get sick.
Guest stars: Quest Crew from America's Best Dance Crew as the Dancers from "Shake It Up, Pittsburgh" Caroline Sunshine as Tinka, Anita Barone as Officer Jones and Jack Plotnick as Phil Stuts, Jodi Taffel as Brenda the Waitress, and Sophia Taylor Ali as Tasha Brooks
|3||3||"Give It Up"||Shelley Jensen||Rob Lotterstein||November 21, 2010||103||4.3|
Rocky and CeCe decides to do a marathon in Shake It Up! Chicago so CeCe can get the Spotlight Dance and Rocky can donate money to a retirement home and also impress an elderly lady who hates her. CeCe gets energy drinks because the rules are to keep dancing on the floor without falling down. However Flynn (Davis Cleveland) drinks all of the energy drinks and becomes energetic and that Rocky and CeCe are too tired stopping Flynn. At the marathon, they nearly feel sleepy but thanks to Deuce, who gave them lightning pants, they win the marathon but end up sleeping at the end. When they win the spotlight dance, they fall asleep and Flynn dances, but then falls to the ground, asleep.
Songs featured: "Watch Me" by Bella Thorne & Zendaya and "Our Generation" by Sibel Redzep
|4||4||"Add It Up"||Shelley Jensen||Eileen Conn||November 28, 2010||105||3.8|
CeCe finds herself in trouble when she learns that she is failing algebra class so Deuce finds her a tutor. Georgia tells CeCe that if she doesn't bring her grades up she's grounded and will have to quit "Shake It Up Chicago". When the tutor shows up at CeCe's house, CeCe, who was expecting a college boy, finds out that the tutor is a child genius in college named Henry (Buddy Handleson). Flynn then "breaks" CeCe's algebra tutor when Henry shares hair gel with Flynn and starts playing video games with him. When a fed-up Rocky offers her own tutoring services, Henry drops the bomb that CeCe is dyslexic. Meanwhile, Gunther convinces Ty to go on a date with Tinka (Caroline Sunshine) because Gunther (Kenton Duty) thinks Tinka feels lonely. Ty ends up enjoying their date. They dance and think about going out again. Gunther and Deuce bet on arm wrestling. They bet on Deuce's clothes, and when CeCe is cheered up by Rocky about not being embarrassed of her dyslexia, they ask Deuce why he's walking around in just a sleeveless shirt and in his boxers. Thanks to Rocky CeCe is able to bring her grade in Algebra up to a B and remains on "Shake It Up Chicago".
|5||5||"Kick It Up"||Shelley Jensen||Ron Zimmerman||December 5, 2010||107||4.3|
After CeCe ruins Deuce's and Rocky's dates at the movie theater (though Rocky does not care), Deuce points out that CeCe and Rocky are too joined together like Gunther and Tinka. So, CeCe decides to be separated from her for a little while. After some desperate calls to some old friends, including her grandmother, CeCe runs into Rocky and sees that she has already made new friends at her karate class and CeCe is afraid she may lose her best friend. CeCe hangs out with Tinka who tells her that Gunther and her are individuals, just individuals together. Meanwhile, Flynn enlists his new friend, Henry, to join his karate class to help fend off bullies.
Songs featured: "All Electric" by Anna Margaret and Nevermind
|6||6||"Age It Up"||Shelley Jensen||Rob Lotterstein||December 9, 2010||108||N/A|
When Rocky and CeCe get to dance with teen sensation Justin Starr, they go to his apartment and rehearse, but when Rocky and CeCe are expected to leave, Rocky wants to stay because she wants to take a picture with Justin Starr's hat. Unfortunately CeCe catches Justin making out with his manager. CeCe then tries sending the picture to her mom, thinking that she may have a solution to the problem, but she accidentally sends it to everyone on her contact list. Later, they go to apologize to Justin, but instead of being mad at them, he thanked them, revealing to them that he's not 16, but 24 years old and that his manager is his wife. Meanwhile, Ty tries to make Gunther more "hip", after being rejected by a popular cheerleader. Later, Gunther realizes that he doesn't need to change to impress a girl, after Danielle states that Tinka is a reject.
Guest stars: Caroline Sunshine as Tinka, R. Brandon Johnson as Gary Wilde, Stephanie Lemelin as Karen Chris Trousdale as Justin Starr, Kiersey Clemons as Danielle, and Breaksk8 from America's Best Dance Crew as featured dancers
|7||7||"Party It Up"||Shelley Jensen||Jenny Lee||December 12, 2010||106||3.7|
When Rocky and CeCe finds out a dancer can't make it to Gary's party, they plan to take her place. Georgia refuses to let her daughter attend the party and tells the girls that they're too young to go to Gary's party. Georgia explains to CeCe that she's trying to protect her from getting hurt. CeCe and Rocky disobey Georgia and sneak out to the party. When they get there though they find out that they aren't guests, but are there to serve the guests. Meanwhile, Ty and Deuce are left babysitting Flynn, but when CeCe's mom comes home, due to a scheduling mix up, they both try to hide, but CeCe's mom catches them trying to leave. CeCe's mom later finds out that the girls sneaked out, after forcing the boys to drink tons of water, and goes after them. The girls get caught and Georgia shows up to take them home. The next day, Georgia makes Rocky, CeCe, Ty, Deuce, Flynn, and even Gary clean the house.So Random! episode "Colbie Caillat" has been pulled as of December 23, 2011 and is being reevaluated due to eating disorder references. However, the episode appears to have been put back into rotation as of April 2012, with the previously mentioned references removed. This is also the first episode in the series where Gunther and Tinka don't appear.
|8||8||"Hook It Up"||Shelley Jensen||Chris Thompson||December 19, 2010||102||N/A|
CeCe and Rocky invite their friend Deuce to videotape them for a school project and he overhears Gary Wilde deciding whether or not to fire two dancers. Fearing that it could be CeCe and Rocky, he shows them the footage and the two set out to prove to Gary Wilde that they should get as much recognition as the dancers who have been on the show before. Little that they know that they weren't the last ones hired and that Gary wasn't planning to take them off the show. Meanwhile, Ty teaches Flynn how to do some dance steps to impress an older girl.
Songs featured: "All The Way Up" by Alana de Fonseca
|9||9||"Wild It Up"||Joel Zwick||Chris Thompson||January 9, 2011||110||4.1|
Rocky tries to change her image when she reads a blog about how she is a "goody-two-shoes". The next day, she tries to prove that she's not. After, she goes back. Meanwhile, Flynn and Deuce try to catch a mouse on the loose in the Jones' apartment.
Guest stars: Cat Deeley, the host of So You Think You Can Dance as Vice Principal Winslow, Thomas Kasp as Frankie "The Complication", and Saltare from America's Best Dance Crew as featured dancers
|10||10||"Match It Up"||Joel Zwick||Rob Lotterstein||January 23, 2011||111||4.3|
Deuce and Savannah are happy together, but when Savannah finds someone with more money than Deuce, she dumps him. Deuce announces that he and Savannah are back together, but he doesn't know that she's only with him because he won a contest to win 10,000 dollars. Ty pretended he's a billionaire to show Deuce that Savannah is only with him because of his money. When Deuce realizes that she starts to flirt with Ty, Savannah and Deuce break up and Deuce gets together with Dina. Meanwhile, Flynn helps Henry earn a Coyote Scout camping badge, but sadly Henry is hopeless.
|11||11||"Show It Up"||Joel Zwick||Eileen Conn||February 20, 2011||112||4.0|
Rocky is determined to beat perennial champions Randy and Candy at the talent show after Candy wins every single award. Upon realizing that they will lose against Candy and her fellow cheerleaders, they enlist Gunter and Tinka to dance with them in the show but Candy and Randy recruit them for their team soon after. CeCe does not give up and brings in her secret weapon Ty. Meanwhile, Flynn helps Deuce prepare to MC the show.
Guest stars: Caroline Sunshine as Tinka, and Charlet Chung as Candy Cho
|12||12||"Heat It Up"||Katy Garretson||John D. Beck & Ron Hart||February 27, 2011||109||3.7|
When the heat goes out in Rocky’s apartment, CeCe invites Rocky, Ty, and their mother to move in with them. Meanwhile, Ty builds himself a man cave to get away from the women of the house. Tinka hopes that something will hatch from an egg that she's "raising".
Guest stars: Caroline Sunshine as Tinka Hessenheffer, Anita Barone as Georgia Jones, and Carla Renata as Marcie Blue
|13||13||"Glitz It Up"||Eric Dean Seaton||Ron Zimmerman||March 6, 2011||113||3.8|
Rocky and CeCe choreograph and mentor young contestants for a beauty pageant. When the girls meet some of the pageants, natural model Sally Van Buren and the shy, yet friendly, Eileen Keller, they end up clashing over which young girl they believe is most capable of winning the pageant, with Cece taking Sally's side and Rocky taking Eileen's side. Meanwhile, Deuce tries to win over Dina's father by taking a special test: taking care of his beloved pet pig, Pinky, for a day.
Guest stars: Caitlin Carmichael as Eileen Keller, Emily Skinner as Sally Van Buren, Ainsley Bailey as Dina Garcia and John D'Aquino as Don Rio Garcia
|14||14||"Hot Mess It Up"||Eric Dean Seaton||John D. Beck & Ron Hart||March 20, 2011||114||3.6|
Rocky and CeCe host a video webcast offering teen advice. When CeCe gives some bad advice to "Lonely Boy", his twin sister "Glitter Girl" wrote an email stating that it was their fault they made her twin brother move away who might be Gunther and Tinka. Meanwhile, the boys host an advice show of their own called "Zombie Talk".Margaret Durante, "Not Too Young" by Chris Trousdale and Nevermind, "We Right Here" by Drew Ryan Scott, "Bling Bling" by Windy Wagner, "It's Alive" by Nayana Holley, "Roll the Dice" by Marlene Strand, and "Our Generation" (instrumental) by Sibel Redzep
|15||15||"Reunion It Up"||Sean McNamara||Howard J. Morris||April 10, 2011||116||3.7|
CeCe and Rocky get the chance to dance with Ronnie and Angie, two of the original dancers of Shake It Up, Chicago. Meanwhile, Deuce accidentally kills Flynn's goldfish, Mr. Goldberg, and plans a proper funeral for Mr. Goldberg.
|16||16||"Sweat It Up"||Joel Zwick||David Tolentino||May 1, 2011||117||3.1|
CeCe fakes a leg injury in order to avoid participating in gym class. Rocky lies and says that she is having her appendix removed to avoid laser tag with the nerds. Meanwhile, the boys take care of a neighbor's dog, but the dog proves to be difficult.
Absent: Kenton Duty as Gunther Hessenheffer
|17||17||"Vatalihootsit It Up"||Joel Zwick||John D. Beck & Ron Hart||June 12, 2011||118||3.3|
Gunther and Tinka invite CeCe and Rocky to come visit their home and celebrate Vatalihootsit Day with them. However, the girls have a difficult time adjusting to the traditions and culture of the Hessenheffer's native home in addition to the initial awkwardness of making a good impression on their eccentric parents. In the end, CeCe and Rocky end up changing their minds about their experience, but Gunther and Tinka kick them out once the celebration is over. Meanwhile, Ty auditions for a juice commercial, but the producer ends up casting Flynn instead.
Absent: Adam Irigoyen as Deuce Martinez
|18||18||"Model It Up"||Eric Dean Seaton||Jenny Lee||June 17, 2011||115||4.1|
Rocky and CeCe get a chance at a modeling career but the people only like Rocky. So she gets a chance to be a model for Glam Magazine, but it's in New York. Rocky is hesitant to go, but her friends all encourage her to go, saying that it is a big chance for her. Meanwhile, the boys have to do chores for Mrs. Locassio because Deuce and Ty broke Flynn's video game console and they have to get money to get him a new one.
Songs featured: "Roll the Dice" by Marlene Strand
|19||19||"Twist It Up"||Shelley Jensen||Eileen Conn||July 10, 2011||119||3.7|
CeCe and Rocky start a new dance craze. Mrs. Garcia wants to throw a huge party for Dina's birthday, but Dina wants a simple, small party, so CeCe and Rocky take over organizing Dina's party. Meanwhile, Flynn gets a new robot that destroys things with its laser eyes, and he gets his friend Henry to help him. Deuce tries to impress Mrs. Garcia by learning some dance moves from Ty.
Guest stars: R. Brandon Johnson as Gary Wilde, Buddy Handleson as Henry Dillon, Ainsley Bailey as Dina Garcia, and Maggie Wheeler as Mrs. Garcia
Songs featured: "Twist My Hips" by Tim James and Nevermind
|20||20||"Break It Up"||Shelley Jensen||Teleplay by: Jenny Lee
Story by: Chris Thompson
|July 24, 2011||121||4.1|
Rocky, CeCe, Flynn, Ty, Deuce, Gunther and Tinka all go on a vacation together. When they play Truth or Dare, CeCe dares Rocky to jump in the lake. Rocky does the dare, but ends up landing on a broken bottle, thereby cutting her foot.
Songs featured: "School's Out" by Kyra Cristiaan
|21||21||"Throw It Up"||Shelley Jensen||Rob Lotterstein||August 21, 2011||120||3.4|
CeCe and Rocky get the opportunity to perform a big spotlight dance number alongside a British dance crew, "The Highlighters". Right before the performance, Gary gets sick, leaving Rocky and CeCe in charge of the show.
Guest stars: Caroline Sunshine as Tinka, R. Brandon Johnson as Gary Wilde, Anita Barone as Georgia Jones, and Cameron Boyce as Fake Highlighter
- Gorman, Bill (November 9, 2010). "Sunday Cable Ratings: The Walking Dead Lives!; Boardwalk Empire Up; Real Housewives, Hannah Montana, Kate Plus 8 & Much More". TV By the Numbers. Retrieved March 18, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (November 16, 2010). "Sunday Cable Ratings: The Walking Dead, Sarah Palin (again, still); Boardwalk Empire Drops; Real Housewives, Sonny With a Chance, Kendra & Much More". TV By the Numbers. Retrieved November 16, 2010.
- Gorman, Bill (November 23, 2010). "Sunday Cable Ratings: Sarah Palin's Alaska Falls; The Walking Dead(again, still); Boardwalk Empire; Real Housewives, Sonny With a Chance, Kendra & Much More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 23, 2010.
- Gorman, Bill (November 30, 2010). "Sunday Cable Ratings: Boardwalk Empire Dips; Soul Train Awards, Real Housewives, Dexter, Top Gear & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 30, 2010.
- Gorman, Bill (December 7, 2010). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'The Walking Dead,' 'Boardwalk Empire' Finales Rise; 'Sarah Palin's Alaska,' 'Dexter,' 'The Hasselhoffs' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 18, 2011.
- First Posted: 12/23/11 Updated: 12/24/11 (December 23, 2011). "Demi Lovato Slams Disney For Eating Disorder Joke On 'Shake It Up' (UPDATE)". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
- "Demi Lovato Slams Disney Channel – Eating Disorder Joke". Gossip Cop. 2011-12-23. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
- "Demi Lovato Fans Upset Over Last Episode Of So Random". DisneyInfoNet. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
- "Shake It Up! : Party It Up – Zap2It". Zap2It. Retrieved 2012-04-20.
- Seidman, Robert (December 14, 2010). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'Sarah Palin's Alaska' Up With Kate; 'Dexter' Finale, 'Top Gear,' 'Kendra' Steady + 'Real Housewives' & Much More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 14, 2010.
- Seidman, Robert (January 10, 2011). "Sunday Cable Ratings: Real Housewives, Hannah Montana, Shake It Up, Sarah Palin's Alaska, Californication and Much More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 18, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (January 25, 2011). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'Real Housewives,' Kardashians, 'Holly's World' Lead Night + 'Shameless' & Much More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 25, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (February 23, 2011). "Sunday Cable Ratings: NBA All Stars, Housewives, Worst Cooks and Kardashians Lead Night + 'Shameless' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 23, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (March 1, 2011). "Sunday Cable Ratings: Knicks/Heat Scores; 'E's Red Carpet,' 'Ax Men,' 'Shameless' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 1, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (March 8, 2011). "Sunday Cable Ratings: Tosh Leads Night + More 'Breakout Kings;' 'Shameless' Up & MUCH More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 8, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (March 22, 2011). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'Army Wives' Up 30%; 'Breakout Kings,' 'Sister Wives' Dip; 'Big Love' Inches Up for Finale; 'Shameless' Steady + Much More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 22, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (April 12, 2011). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'Army Wives,' 'The Killing' Steady; 'Breakout Kings' Falls; Plus 'Human Planet,' 'Khloe & Lamar,' & Much More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 12, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (May 3, 2011). "Sunday Cable Ratings: More 'Death of Bin Laden' Ratings; 'Khloe & Lamar,' 'Law & Order: CI,' 'In Plain Sight,' 'Army Wives,' 'Housewives,' 'Game of Thrones' & Much More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 3, 2011.
- "Sunday's Cable Ratings: USA's "In Plain Sight" Tops Viewers". The Futon Critic. Retrieved November 18, 2012.
- Seidman, Robert (June 20, 2011). "Friday Cable Ratings: 'American Restoration' Leads Primetime Originals, 'Smackdown' Dips". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved June 20, 2011.
- "Sunday's Cable Ratings: "True Blood" Continues HBO's Reign". The Futon Critic. Retrieved November 18, 2012.
- Cable Top 25: ‘Pawn Stars,’ ‘The Closer,’ ‘Rizzoli & Isles’ Top Weekly Cable Viewing – Ratings | TVbytheNumbers. Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com (2011-07-26). Retrieved on 2011-11-12.
- Seidman, Robert (August 23, 2011). "Sunday Cable: 'True Blood,' 'Kardashians,' 'Entourage' Lead + 'Breaking Bad,' 'Glee Project' & Much More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 23, 2011.