|Look up meatus in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- the external acoustic meatus, the opening of the ear canal
- The internal auditory meatus, a canal in the temporal bone of the skull
- the urinary meatus, which is the opening of the urethra, situated on the glans penis in males, and in the vulva in females
- the superior meatus, middle meatus and inferior meatus of the nose
(The plural forms of "meatus" are: meatus, as a Latin form (of the fourth declension noun class, which the word belongs to); or meatuses, as a normally derived English plural; or often, and incorrectly, meati, by false analogy with the very common Latin -us/-i forms (such as alumnus/alumni), i.e., the second declension noun class.)
- OED 2nd edition, 1989, as /miːˈeɪtəs/.
- Entry "meatus" in Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary.
|This article includes a list of related items that share the same name (or similar names).
If an internal link incorrectly led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.