|Look up mechanism in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Mechanism may refer to:
- Mechanism (engineering), rigid bodies connected by joints in order to accomplish a desired force and/or motion transmission
- Mechanism (biology), explaining how a feature is created
- Mechanism (philosophy), a theory that all natural phenomena can be explained by physical causes
- Mechanism (sociology), a theory that all social phenomena can be explained by the existence of a deterministic mechanism
- Mechanism (band), a death metal band from Canada
- Machine (mechanical)
- Linkage (mechanical)
- Mechanism design, the art of designing rules of a game to achieve a specific outcome
- Mechanism of action, the means by which a drug exerts its biological effects
- Defence mechanism, unconscious mechanisms aimed at reducing anxiety
- Reaction mechanism, the sequence of reactions by which overall chemical change occurs
- Antikythera mechanism, an ancient Greek analog computer
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Mechanism.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.