3D model (JSmol)
CompTox Dashboard (EPA)
|Molar mass||214.65 g·mol−1|
|Melting point||94 to 95 °C (201 to 203 °F; 367 to 368 K) |
|Boiling point||decomposes |
|900 mg/L (20 °C)|
|Main hazards||Xn, N |
Except where otherwise noted, data are given for materials in their standard state (at 25 °C [77 °F], 100 kPa).
Mecoprop (also known as methylchlorophenoxypropionic acid and MCPP) is a common general use herbicide found in many household weed killers and "weed-and-feed" type lawn fertilizers. It is primarily used to control broadleaf weeds. It is often used in combination with other chemically related herbicides such as 2,4-D, dicamba, and MCPA.
- Merck Index, 11th Edition, 5666.
- Record of Mecoprop in the GESTIS Substance Database of the Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, accessed on 8 September 2008.
- Record in the Household Products Database of NLM
- Mecoprop at EXTOXNET
- G. Smith; C. H. L. Kennard; A. H. White; P. G. Hodgson (April 1980). "(±)-2-(4-Chloro-2-methylphenoxy)propionic acid (mecoprop)". Acta Crystallogr. B. 36 (4): 992–994. doi:10.1107/S0567740880005134.
- Mecoprop Pesticide Information Profile - Extension Toxicology Network
- Mecoprop in the Pesticide Properties DataBase (PPDB)
- Mecoprop-P in the Pesticide Properties DataBase (PPDB)