Medak (Lok Sabha constituency)
Boundary of Medak Constituency in Telangana
|Current MP||Kotha Prabhakar Reddy|
Since its inception in 1957 Medak seat is a Congress stronghold, various political outfits like the Telangana Praja Samithi, Bharatiya Janata Party and the Telugu Desam Party have won it during different general elections.
After the formation of Telangana Rashtra Samithi the seat has been won by four different candidates in three general elections including its founder and current Chief Minister of Telangana K. Chandrashekar Rao and actress Vijayashanti
Medak Lok Sabha constituency comprises the following Legislative Assembly segments:
|Constituency number||Name||Reserved for (SC/ST/None)|
Members of Parliament
|TRS||Kotha Prabhakar Reddy||5,71,800||58.03||+2.83|
|INC||Sunitha Laxma Reddy V||2,10,523||21.36||-0.51|
General Election, 2014
|TRS||K. Chandrashekar Rao||6,57,492||55.2|
|INC||P. Shravan Kumar Reddy||2,60,463||21.87|
|BJP||Chaganla Narendra Nath||1,81,804||15.26|
|Majlis Bachao Tehreek||Iqbal Ali Zafar||5,010||0.42|
|Pyramid Party of India||Bomma Balesham||3,297||0.28|
|Independent||Gurjada Bheeraiah Yadav||2,053||0.17|
|Independent||Meka Subba Rao||4,441||0.37|
|NOTA||None of the above||10,696||0.90|
General Election, 2009
|TRS||Vijaya Shanthi. M||3,88,839||36.67%|
|INC||Narendra Nath Chengala||3,82,762||36.12%|
|PRP||Khaja Quayum Anwar||1,20,812||11.39%|
General Election, 2004
|BJP||P Ramchandra Reddy||329,972||36.62||-11.58|
|Independent||K Laxmaiah Yadav||18,457||2.05|
|Independent||P Jeevula naik||12,099||1.34|
|TRS gain from BJP||Swing||+50.36|
- Former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi was holding the seat when she was assassinated in 1984.
- Telangana first Chief Minister, Kalvakuntla Chandrashekar Rao won the seat by a margin of 3.7 lakh votes in 2014 General Election,but he later vacated it.
- Parliamentary Constituency wise Turnout for General Election - 2014"
- "Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 2008" (PDF). The Election Commission of India. p. 29.
- "Kavita versus Vijayashanti in Andhra's Medak Lok Sabha seat? - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
- MEDAK LOK SABHA BY-ELECTIONS RESULT
- MEDAK LOK SABHA (GENERAL) ELECTIONS RESULT
- "TRS chief K Chandrasekhara Rao resigns from Medak Lok Sabha seat | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". Dnaindia.com. 2014-05-27. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
- "Many aspirants for Medak Lok Sabha seat". The Hindu. 2014-05-20. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
- ' + val.created_at + ' (2014-04-18). "TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao likely to have smooth sailing in Medak Lok Sabha seat". NDTV.com. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
- "TRS, AIMIM announce candidates; KCR to contest from Medak". Livemint. 2014-04-08. Retrieved 2014-06-05.