Medan Tuanku Monorail station
The exterior of the Medan Tuanku station, as seen from the southeast.
|Other names||ميدن توانكو (Jawi alphabet)|
மேடன் தோங்கு (Tamil)
|Location||Jalan Sultan Ismail, Medan Tuanku, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.|
|Owned by||Prasarana Malaysia|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Opened||31 August 2003|
Medan Tuanku Monorail station is a Malaysian elevated monorail train station that serves as a part of the Kuala Lumpur Monorail (KL Monorail), located in Kuala Lumpur and opened alongside the rest of the train service on August 31, 2003. This station was formerly called Wawasan Monorail station.
The station is situated above Jalan Sultan Ismail, just south of Chow Kit and located east from an intersection with Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman; it marks the start and end of the Monorail line that runs parallel along Sultan Ismail Road, until the Bukit Bintang station, after which the line turns west to Jalan Imbi at the both road intersection.
Landmarks within the vicinity
- The flagship Tune Hotels, owned by AirAsia, west from the station at the Jalan Sultan Ismail-Tuanku Abdul Rahman intersection.
- Quill City Mall (also known as Vision City, Bandar Wawasan) is joined to the station by a bridge.
- Asian Heritage Row, located off Jalan Sultan Ismail, is close to the station.
- Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur, located along Jalan Sultan Ismail, is close to the station.
- Several mall and shops is close to this station like Maju Junction mall, SOGO Mall and Pertama complex.
The station is linked to the Sultan Ismail LRT station, 580 metres away, by a pedestrian bridge.
|This article about a Malaysian building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Malaysia rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|