This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Total||Approximately 22,000|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||South Chennai|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Sholinganallur|
Medavakkam is a residential locality in the south of Chennai Metropolitan city which is adjacent to the neighbourhood of Sholinganallur, Madipakkam, Selaiyur, Keelkattalai, Velachery and Tambaram and it is center place to the developing suburbs like Ponmar, Ottiyambakkam and Sithalapakkam. Medavakkam is administered by Village Panchayat, which comes under the Shollinganallur MLA Constituency and South Chennai MP Constituency. This location is a fast developing residential locality due to its close proximity to the IT corridor OMR (approx 4 km from Sholinganallur) and SEZ in Medavakkam Sholinganallur Road.
Some of the areas in Medavakkam are Vadakupattu, Annai Indira Nagar, Babu Nagar, Somu Nagar, Munusamy Nagar, Vimala Nagar, VGP Pushpa Nagar, Aishwarya Gardens, Aishwarya Garden Extn, Soumya Nagar, Jayachandran nagar, Green Court(Jalladianpet), BHEL Nagar, Sairam Nagar, Gayathri Nagar, Veerabadra Nagar,ramahia nagar, Senthamizh Nagar, Sivagami Nagar, Royal Garden, RG Nagar(Royal Garden Nagar), Iyappa Nagar. The major roads linking Medavakkam junction are Velachery Tambaram Road, Medavakkam Mambakkam Main Road and Medavakkam Sholinganallur Road.
According to a 2012 report by global property consultant Knight Frank, the neighbourhood has emerged as India's 6th largest destination for investment in the residential real estate, in the list of 13-top residential destinations in the country from an investment point of view, where housing prices are expected to increase by 103 percent over the period 2012-2017.
Schools in alphabetical order
- Kidzee play school - 0.5 km from Medavakkam junction, located in Soumya Nagar, Perumbakkam Main Road
- Pavalareru Thamizhkkalam (Father of Tamilnation memorial library)
- Bharathi Vidyalaya Senior Secondary School
- BS Matriculation School
- Christ the king matriculation higher secondary school
- Nethaji Vidyalayam
- Ravindra Bharathi Global School
- Velammal New Gen school (CBSE)
- St Johns Medavakkam
- Aasan Memorial College
- Quaide Milleth College for Men (Co-Education)
- New Prince Sri Bhavani Arts and Science College
- PTI (20 November 2012). "Ulwe in Mumbai emerges as top destination for realty investment". The Economic Times. New Delhi: The Times Group. Retrieved 21 November 2012.